Ch. 39 - Good Replacement

I made a trailer for this book so go check it out on YouTube! I'll add the link just incase you can't watch it on Wattpad.

http://youtu.be/xflGTwVyrWU

About an hour of yelling, tears, and kisses later, Wren and Sara are back to the sickingly cute couple they are.

Meanwhile, Riley is still heartbroken.

I decide that instead of doing lame English homework I'd watch some television to release stress. Stress about how Zander is coping without Sam, stress about the one who cannot be named and Tucker. I also have some high concerns for Georgia and her sanity, but that's more of a constant stress. Ultimately, I'm 73% stressed and only 27% other bodily things.

In the middle of my Scrubs episode, there's a knocking from my balcony door. Normally, this would startle me, but after the one who cannot be named did it so many times I've gotten used to it.

Sighing, I close my laptop and peer through the sheer blind covering the door and make out a brown-haired boy with the attire of a seven-year-old. He presses his face against the glass door like the child he is.

I unlock the door and open it, allowing him to walk into my room. Barely giving him any time, I ask the question I've been dying to find out. "How long did you know?"

Tucker raises his eyebrows. "How long did I know what?"

"That Asher was cheating on me," I answer and cross my arms over my chest.

He looks at the ground sheepishly, pressing his feet together. "The whole time."

I nod and try to hold back tears of self-pity. "And why didn't you say anything?"

"I-I-he was my best friend. He'd be so angry if I told you the truth. I tried dropping hints and-"

"Stop." I hold up my hand to silence him. "Never mind. Forget I asked. Of course you didn't tell me."

He stays quiet for a few minutes before asking, "how are you doing?"

I shrug. "I've been better."

"I know how you feel."

"So," I say to change the subject, "you know I have a front door, right?"

"Yeah," he mumbles. "Front doors are so overrated." He puts his hands in his pocket and peers around my room. "Plus, your brother is freaking scary as hell and I'm pretty sure he hates me for some reason."

"Could it have been the playboy magazine you got me for secret Santa?"

Tucker laughs. "Little does he know."

I nod. "Little does anyone know."

"Yeah," he sighs and rubs his nose. "I'm actually surprised you let me in. Thought you hated me."

I shrug. "And I thought you were straight."

He points with a smirk. "Nice one." Bouncing on my bed when he sits down, he becomes more serious. "I need to ask you a favor."

"I'm in no mood to give anyone favors right now."

"I know," he says. "But this could benefit you as well."

I raise an eyebrow and lean against my wall. "I'm listening."

"Lainey and Ari are getting married this Saturday," he starts. "And I need a date to the wedding. So, if you would-"

"No."

"Riley, can we at least discuss this?"

"No, Tucker, we can't. I don't want to go to the wedding for my ex-boyfriend's sister with my ex-boyfriend's ex-best friend."