Ch. 11 - Coffee Makers

Last but not least, I casted Austin Butler as Asher

"Why the hell is it called Lord of the Flies if it isn't about flies ruling the world?"

I roll my eyes and spin around in my chair to face Tucker. "You've said that five times already."

He mimics me poorly, making a weird face. "Shut up, Riley."

I hold my hands up in defense and turn back to the front of the classroom.

Having your boyfriend's best friend sitting right behind you in English seems like it'd be nice, but it's not when that best friend is Tucker Phillips.

He never stops talking, ever. And it's not like he's saying anything relevant. Plus, he makes fun of me a lot. I've decided that he's jealous of me being with Asher.

After class, he's right by my side to walk down the halls. He wraps his arm around my shoulder, but I shimmy my way out.

"So, what are we doing after school?"

"I don't know what you're doing, but I'm going to my friend's house to study," I say.

"Lame!" he screams in my face. "Isn't it a Friday?"

"It's Monday.." I stop at my locker, and so does Tucker.

He swears loudly, causing people to stare in our direction. As always, Tucker has no shame and keeps on talking. "I think I'll just miss the rest of the week."

"You think the school will let you? You'll get suspended or something unless you have a doctor's note."

"See, you don't seem to understand that I couldn't possibly care less. They'd be doing me the favor by kicking me out. I'm only here for Asher."

I nod slowly, looking at him skeptically. "But not your future?"

He laughs. "I'm not Phil of the future. Who cares about the future? I'm living in the present."

"Well, technically Phil was living in the present too because the time machine bro-"

He covers my mouth with his gross hand. "Thanks for the info. See ya later."

"Bye," I mumble to myself once he's far down the hallway.

I still haven't decided whether or not I like Tucker. There must be something to love if Asher is so close to him.

A pair of strong arms wrap around my waist before I turn around. I laugh and tilt my head to see Asher.

"Hi. Hey. Hello," he says and kisses me with each word. "Hi."

I spin around to face him. "Hi. How did your math test go?"

We start walking down the hall together, hand-in-hand. Yes, I'm screaming inside.

He shrugs. "Fine."

"Good fine or bad fine?"

"The school is irrelevant right now fine," he says with a smirk.

I sigh and stop to rest my back on the wall next to my classroom. "Seems like you and Tucker are in agreement."

"But Tucker just hates school in general. I hate talking about school when I could be telling my girlfriend how cute she look-"

"I made the team!" Zander screams as he runs up to us. "Coach said I'll most likely be benched the whole season, but I made the team!"

"Oh my gosh! That's incredible!" I gasp, patting his shoulder. "You're one step closer to becoming Wren Green."