Chapter 7

Veera and Tanet brainstormed for some time and decided that jealousy is the best weapon to bring out Kla's love. Tanet talks about a guy in their college who used to hit on Daw but he never showed any interest. So they decide to use his name to lure Kla. They spend the rest of the day thinking how to put their plan into action.

Veera asks Tanet to bring Daw outside the house while he will bring Kla there on the pretext of work. Tanet had to  start the conversation about that guy when he sees Kla. Tanet agrees to this plan. Tanet literally dragged Daw out of the house saying he need some fresh air to change his mood. They sat on the steps looking at the sea before them. Tanet detected movement behind him and realized it is Kla coming their way as planned by Veera.

Tanet: Daw

Daw: Hmm

Tanet: How long do you intend to remain gloomy like this?

Daw does not say anything.

Tanet: After we get out from here, why don't you go on a blind date like Rune and I always suggested?

Daw: Tanet,  you know I ..

Tanet: I know you still love Kla but he already made his stand clear. Why are you waiting for someone who will never be yours?

Daw: Why are you waiting for Veera  when he hates you so much?

Tanet: I am not.

Daw: Huh

Tanet: As soon as I get out of this place, I am going to find someone who trusts me and loves me.

Daw: Tanet

Tanet: I am done waiting for people who don't value me.

Daw looks at Tanet and saw tears forming in his eyes.  Tanet could not believe how this conversation turned out to be about him and Veera.

Tanet: Now that you know I am not going to wait for anyone,  what do you want to do? Do you want to go on that blind date?

Daw: Tanet..

Their conversation is interrupted by a loud crash sound. They turn around to see Kla standing at the door. There are broken pieces of glass on the floor and his hand is bleeding profusely.

Daw: KLA

Daw runs towards Kla and takes his hand. A piece of glass is still stuck in his palm. Daw tries to remove it but Kla snatched his hand away from him.

Kla: I can do it.

Daw tries to hold his hand again but he kept pushing him. Finally he lost patience.

Daw: Shut up and just stay still. Let me do the first aid to stop the bleeding. Then you can be the arrogant jerk that you are and push me away from your life.

Kla looks at Daw in shock after his outburst. He takes out the piece of glass and then uses a cloth to put pressure on the wound to stop bleeding. He then holds his hand and pulls him towards his bedroom.

Inside the bedroom:

Daw asks Kla to sit on the bed.

Daw: Where is the first aid box?

Kla points towards a shelf. Daw gets the box and tends the wound. Luckily the wound wasn't deep and did not need any stitches. Daw cleanes the wound and applies medicine. After that he finish the dressing.

Daw: It's done. Just don't get your hand wet until it heals.

Kla just looks at him but does not say anything.

Daw: Take rest. I will send food and some painkillers.

Kla just nods his head and lies down on the bed and closes his eyes.  Daw walks out of the room to get him something to eat.

Meanwhile outside the house:

Veera: Looks like our plan succeeded.

Tanet: Hmm

There was complete silence for couple of minutes and then Veera decides to break the silence.

Veera: Did you mean it?

Tanet: What?

Veera: That you are going to find someone to love.

Tanet: Yes

Veera: What about Rune?

Tanet starts to laugh on hearing Rune's name.

Tanet: You think me and Rune..

Tanet starts laughing like crazy.

Tanet: How dumb are you that you didn't notice that Rune loves someone else.

Veera: Who?

Tanet: PSun

Veera: WHAT?

Tanet: Do you know why he hates you so much?

Veera just looks at Tanet waiting for an answer.

Tanet: Because PSun chose you over him.

Veera: But we..

Tanet: I know.  5 years back Rune requested PSun to come with him to Dark Lord but he refused. He chose to be with you than be with him. And what did you do? You accused him of hurting his love.

Veera: Shit....shit..shit

Tanet: You never think before you speak Veera. Your words hurt people around you. I..

A tear drops from Tanet's eyes but he wipes it furiously and walks away from there.

Veera: Tanet...Ta

Tanet does not stop and walks away without hearing Veera's words.

Veera: Did I really misunderstand everyone around me?

Veera pulled his hair in frustration as many unanswered questions revolved in his mind.