Chapter 34

Tanet was checking some documents when the doorbell rings. He gets up and goes to open the door. He is surprised to Kla standing outside his apartment.

Tanet: Kla, what a pleasant surprise. I was not expecting you.

Kla: I am not alone.

Tanet: Huh

Suddenly Veera comes and stands before him.

Tanet: Oh, you brought Mr.Li with you.

Veera: Mr.Li? I thought we are friends. Why would you call me so formally.

Tanet: I am sorry Veera. I thought, since you don't remember me, it would be awkward to call you by your first name.

Veera: Hmm. Well, are we going to talk standing outside like this or will you ask us to come inside.

Tanet: Oh, I am sorry. Please come in.

Veera and Kla enter the house but is surprised to find a girl inside.

Veera: I am sorry, We didn't know you had company.

Tanet looks at Veera in shock as he is surprised by his accusing tone. But a smile appears on Kla's face as he could hear the possessiveness in Veera's voice.

Tanet: Oh!No. She is my assistant Prim. I had  taken a leave today, so she came to give me some important papers. She is about to leave now.

Prim quickly packs her bag and leaves the house.

Tanet: Please sit down. Would you like to have something to drink?

Veera: No

Tanet: So, what brought you here today?

Veera: Well, my dad said you are my bestfriend but you did not come home to meet me. So I thought to.come and meet you.

Tanet: I thought of meeting you in the eveningas I hadsome pending work.

Veera: Hmm.

No one spoke for a few seconds after that.

Tanet: Vee... I mean Veera.

Veera: You can call me Vee. It feels so familiar.

Tanet: Vee, are you feeling okay with the changes in your life.

Veera: Hmm. Everything is familiar but new. I am trying to adjust.

Tanet: Hmm

Veera: Dad said I need to resume the CEO position from next week as you are leavong for Singapore.

Tanet: Hmm. I am sure you can take over the workload successfully. After all, you built this company.

Veera: Hmm. But is it necessary for you to go? I could use some help.

Tanet: You have Rune and PSun to help you. You also have Tu with you. She is a  brilliant architect and interior designer.

Veera: But none of them is you.

Tanet: Huh

Veera: Nothibg. Since you have decided, I won't stop you but please let me shadow you this whole week.

Tanet: Hmm

Veera: Thanks. I guess it's time for me to leave.

Tanet: Okay

Veera: I will see you tomorrow.

Tanet: Hmm

Veera leaves the house along with Kla. After he closes the door behind them, he slides down to the floor and sits with his head hanging low. Tears starts dropping from his eyes.

Tanet: How will I forger you, if you keep coming back to me? How will I bear this pain of being so close to you but not being yours.

Tanet cries his heart out reminiscing his lost love.

Next day when Tanet reach the office, Veera was already waiting for him in the reception.

Veera: Good morning

Tanet: Good morning Vee. You are early.

Veera: Dad told me you are an early raiser and comes to office at this time.

Tanet: Well, you don't have to come so early.

Veera: It's okay. It's good to put these things into practice.

Tanet: Hmm

They both enter the lift and press the button for the top floor. As they exit the lift, Veera finds everything quite familiar. Soon they enter the CEO cabin and starts working.

The day progress well as Veera catch up  with the work quickly. Tanet is quite impressed with Veera's work.

Tanet: You are doing great. I don't think you need any support to run the business.

Veera: No, I am just following your lead. I still have so much to learn.

Tanet: Don't worry. You will be a pro in no time.

Veera: Hmm. It's already lunch time, should we..

Someone knocks on the door at that time.

Tanet: Come in.

The door opens and Tu steps into the cabin.

Veera: Tu

Tu: I hope I am not disturbing.

Veera: No.

Tu: I just came to ask if we can go out for lunch.

Veera looks at Tanet.

Tanet: Please carry on. I have a meeting to attend. You can go home after lunch as there is not much work in the afternoon.

Veera; Oh, okay. I will see you tomorrow.

Tanet: Hmm

Veera exits the cabin with Tu.

Tanet sits on his chair and rubs his hand over his face in frustration. He just wanted to throw everything and run away from there. He badly needed a drink. So he took his phone and called someone to meet him at the bar. After that he shuts down his laptop and walks out of his office.