Chapter 33

Veera and Tu leave for Thailand along with Mr.Li, Kla and Daw in the morning flight.

At the Li Mansion:

As Veera stepped out of the car, the surrounding felt familiar but new for him. He looked at everyone standing around him, looking at him with love and respect. His dad told him that these are his people and he is the leader of this gang. He could feel the respect in their eyes.

Tu on the other hand is overwhelmed by the surroundings. She never expected the cute guy standing before her to a Mafia leader. She is stunned seeing the house and the people who work for Veera. They seem to look upon him but did not even bother to greet her. She is surprised by the hostility that she is feeling specially from Veera's bestfriend Kla and his Fiance Daw. They seem to dislike her for some reason.

As Veera enters the house, he felt like something or someone is missing. He wanted to ask his dad but he didn't know what he was looking for. His dad asked Kla to show him and Tu their rooms.

Kla takes Veera to his room while Daw takes care of Tu. As Veera enter his room, he felt a sense of security and warmth but he again felt like something is missing.

Veera: Kla

Kla: Hmm

Veera: Where is he?

Kla: Who?

Veera: Mr.Wang

Kla is surprised to hear Veera ask about Tanet but he didn't show it on his face.

Kla: He must be in the office.

Veera: Does he live here?

Kla: No. He no longer lives here.

Veera: Why?

Kla: Because he was just a replacement for you in the house as well as office. Now that you are back, he has gone back to where he belongs.

Veera: But dad said he is my bestfriend.

Kla: He is. That's why he took care of everything in your absence. Now that you are back, he has resigned from the CEO position. He is going back to Singapore to take charge of Li Technologies new branch there.

Veera: He is leaving?

Kla: Yes

Veera: When?

Kla: Next week. I am joining him along with Daw.

Veera felt an unknown pain in chest when he heard about Tanet leaving Thailand.

Veera(in mind): Why does it hurt me so much that he is going away from me? Why does he feel so important to me? I love Tu. Then why is Tanet's absence making me so miserable?

Kla: Please freshen up and join us in the dining room for lunch.

Veera nods his head as Kla leaves the room.

Meanwhile Tu is having a difficult time talking to Daw. He hardly spoke a word to her. He showed her the room and is about to walk out of the room, when she decides to talk to him.

Tu: PDaw

Daw: Hmm

Tu: Are you still angry with me for hiding the truth?

Daw does not say anything.

Tu: I was afraid I would lose Ohm, I mean Veera. I love him so much that I didn't want to lose him.

Daw: Love

There is a slight pause before Daw decides to continue talking.

Daw: You are talking about Love. Then let me tell you about true love. You might have noticed the hostility of everyone around you. It's not because they hate you, but because you hurt someone who they love and respect so much.

Tu: Who?

Daw: Tanet

Tu: Mr.Wang?

Daw: Yes. Veera's Tanet. Since you are part of Veera's life, you have all right to know about Tanet. Tanet is not just a friend to Veera. They are high school sweethearts. They fell in love when they were in school. They went through a lot before they were able to be with each other. Tanet almost lost his life while trying to save Veera. Veera lost his memory because of an accident that happened while fighting someone who tried to hurt Tanet. They are soulmates.

Tu just stands there shocked by the revelations.

Daw: After all these, Tanet let go of his love because he believes Veera is happy with you. The only thing that matters to him in this whole world is Veera's happiness. Veera used to have same feelings for Tanet too. So some day when his memories return, I hope you are prepared to tell him why you took him away from his Tanet.

Daw walks out of the room after his outburst. Tu just sits there unable to digest everything that Daw told her. She felt a pain in her heart when she thought about Veera belonging to someone else. She is not ready to give him up. So she decides to fight.

Later everyone sat around the dining table having their lunch in complete silence. There is unknown tension in the room. It felt like everyone is walking on broken egg shells.

Veera: Dad

Ming: Hmm

Veera: I want to meet Tanet.

Ming and others look at Veera in shock. All the color drain of Tu's face on hearing Tanet's name.

Ming: Why?

Veera: Kla told me Veera is handing over the CEO position and responsibilities to me. I want to meet him to discuss everything so that I can understand things better.

Ming: Oh, okay. Well, he is not in the office today. You can meet him tomorrow.

Veera: Where is he?

Ming: He is not well. So he is working from his condo.

Veera: Can I meet him there?

Ming: I am not sure.

Veera: You said he is my friend. So, he should be okay with me going to his house.

Ming: I guess so.

Veera: Hmm. Kla, please take me to his house after lunch.

Kla nods his head.

Tu is feeling anxious and want to stop Veera from meeting Tanet. But she didn't want to raise any questions in his mind. So she kept quiet and let Veera visit Tanet. Soon after lunch Veera leaves for Tanet's house along with Kla.