Chapter 18

After breakfast, everyone decides to explore the resort. All three couples take different routes to explore the resort and they promise to meet at the starting point after 2 hrs.

Veera pushes Tanet's wheelchair towards the beach. Veera lifts Tanet off the wheelchair and carries him on his back towards the sea. Tanet looks around and feels so calm.

Tanet: It's so nice being here.

Veera: Hmm. It's beautiful.

Tanet is surprised to see Veera staring at him. A smirk appears on his face as he asks the next question.

Tanet: The sea or me?

Veera: Both. But you are a little bit more beautiful than the sea.

Tanet blushes on hearing that.

Suddenly Veera steps on something and loses his balance. He stumbles and loses hold on Tanet but  he does not fall as he wraps his hands and legs tightly around Veera. Veera manages to be back on his feet.

Tanet: Are you okay?

Veera does not say anything.

Tanet: Vee?

Veera: You just...you just moved your legs.

Tanet: WHAT?

At that moment, Tanet realizes that he did move his legs. He tries doing it again but nothing happened.

Veera: Come on try.

Tanet: No. I can't. I ...

Tears starts forming in Tanet's eyes.

Veera: It's okay. We will try again.

Tanet: Okay.

They both sit down on the beach and enjoy their time together.

Tanet: Vee

Veera: hmm

Tanet: If I am not able to use my legs again, will you still want to be with me?

Veera: Hey, whether you walk or not, I am not going anywhere. I will always be there with you. You are my soulmate Tanet, I am not going to leave you.

Tanet hugs Veera as a tear escapes his eyes.

Veera: Now, let's go back. The guys would be waiting for us to have lunch.

Tanet nods his head..Veera carries him to his wheelchair and then pushes the wheelchair to their meeting point. The other 2 couple are already there. Veera tells everyone about what happened at the beach. Everyone is excited to know about Tanet. They encourage him to try again later.

Next two days Daw helped Tanet with physiotherapy. Veera tried fo make Tanet walk but there is no progress. Veera is frustrated because he felt Tanet is not trying hard enough.

Veera: Tanet, you need to get harder.

Tanet: I am trying.

Veera: No  you are not.

Tanet: Do you think I am having fun sitting in this wheelchair?

Veera: Maybe.

Tanet: What the hell Veera. I want to walk and run like normal people but I just can't. I am trying.

Tears starts forming in Tanet's eyes as he wheels his chair away from there.

Veera: Tanet...Tanet..

Tanet does not look back and just moves away from there.

Veera: Shit..Shit.. Shit...What did I do?

Veera comes up with an alternate plan.  He call everyone outside while Tanet is sulking in his room. He tells everyone about his plan.

Kla: Isn't it a bit dangerous?

Daw: Hmm. But it may work.

Rune: Tanet really needs a trigger, a motivation

Sun: I agree with Rune.

Kla: Let's do it then.

Veera: Okay.

That day Tanet did not talk to anyone and spend his time brooding in the room.

Next day morning Veera and Kla got everything ready as per their plan. Daw went to get Tanet. Tanet refused at first but came out on Daw's insistence. Daw wheeled the chair onto a cliff overlooking the sea. As they reached there, Tanet saw Veera standing at the edge of the cliff.

Tanet: Why did you bring me here. I don't want to talk to him.

Daw: But he want to say something to you. Just listen to him.

Daw goes away leaving Tanet with Veera. There is complete silence as both of them does not say a word. Tanet decides to break the silence but before he can say anything, a car comes and stops a little far from them. Two men in skies masks come out of the car carrying guns. Tanet's heart starts to beat fast as the men starts to walk towards Veera.

Tanet: Veera...Veera...

Tanet suddenly realizes that Veera is wearing a headphone and cannot hear him. He tries to wheel his chair towards him but his wheelchair is stuck. He tries to shout once again but no response. The guys are almost near Veera and they are aiming their guns at him. Tanet tries to get up but he can't move his legs. He suddenly heard the sound of the guns being unlocked. He looks at Veera in panic as the assailants aim at him and then

"BANG"