Chapter 24

Veera somehow manage to get Tanet to eat something and then go back to sleep. He is exhausted due to previous nights activities and stress. Veera asks all the servants not to disturb Tanet and also requests Daw to accompany Tanet in his room. He then calls a secret meeting between Kla, Rune,Sun and himself.

In the meeting:

Rune sweeped the room for bugs before they started the meeting.

Veera: Kla, did you find any clue from the CCTV Footage?

Kla: Hmm. I saw a man in catering uniform leave the hall just after the lights came back. I checked the footage from the beginning of the day and noticed that the same guy is trying hard not to get his face on the camera. I checked with the catering crew and they said he was a new guy who joined a week back and he quit the job today morning. The address and phone number given by him is fake and his photo is missing from the file.

Veera: Hmm. Now I am quite sure, it's him, Prem Suwan.

Rune: Veera, who is this guy? Why is Tanet so afraid of him?

Veera lets out a long sigh before he decides to tell them the truth about Prem.

Veera: Prem Suwan aka Prem was Tanet's childhood friend.

Rune: WHAT?

Veera: Hmm. Their parents were best friends and business partners. Tanet used to a introvert kid and Prem was his only friend. He used to be bullied in his primary school and Prem would protect him from their bullying. As time passed, Prem became an integral part of Tanet's life. During their Senior school days, Prem came out as bisexual and Tanet accepted him happily. He didn't care about his friend's sexuality, he just wanted him to be happy.  Later Tanet also realized that he liked boys and was not interested in girls. Prem also accepted him happily.

Kla: Then what happened in their life that their friendship changed so much that Tanet is terrorized by his name?

Veera: During the last year of school, Prem invited Tanet to his house for his birthday party. When Tanet arrived at Prem's house, there was no one except him in the house. Prem told him that his parents had an important meeting and all his other friends bailed out on him. So it was just two of them. Initially things were fine with them cutting the Birthday cake and watching their favorite movie. But things began to change when Prem brought his dad's alcohol into the party. Soon he was pretty drunk and started to get close to Tanet. Tanet dismissed it as a drunken act but then he began to touch him inappropriately. Tanet tried to resist him but he tore his clothes and tried to kiss him. Tanet fought him but Prem hit him hard on his stomach and he almost lost his consciousness. Thankfully Tanet's and Prem's parents came at the right time and saved Tanet.

Rune: Did they file a case against him?

Veera: Tanet's parents were furious and wanted to get Prem arrested but Tanet begged them not to because he didn't want Prem's future to be destroyed. But that day the friendship between Mr.Lee and Mr.Suwan came to an end. They separated their business and became rivals in the same business.

Kla: What about Prem?

Veera: Well, He still went to the same school as Tanet. When Tanet returned to the school after 2 days leave that he took to recover from the shock, the news about his sexuality spread across the campus like wildfire.

Rune: That moron.

Veera: Tanet started getting bullied by his classmates and other boys. Prem was the leader of the gang who was bullying him. Tanet was shocked to see the changes in Prem as he called him weirdo, faggot and other disgusting names. He tried to be brave but they tortured him physically and emotionally.  They used to beat him up badly and leave him there badly bruised. One such day, I came across them hitting Tanet. I fought with them and warned them not to touch him again.

Kla: So, that's how you became friends.

Veera: Not really. Initially he didn't want to trust anyone after what happened with Prem. It took a lot of effort to get him to trust me. Finally as we were coming to the end of the school year, he started to accept my friendship and open up to me. That's how I came to know about him and Prem. His innocence and nerd look made my heart go crazy. I just wanted to protect him from the entire world. Before I realized it, I had fallen in love with him. So I decided to propose to him on the last day of our school. But fate was against me. I couldn't go to school that day due to the fight between dad and uncle. By the time I reached school, he was long gone.

Rune: And when you had a chance to be with him in college, my stupid revenge plan ruined everything. I am so sorry Veera.

Veera: Hey..Hey..its okay. We both were suffering at that time Rune. It was our fate to go through the pain of separation during that time.

Rune: Hmm. I am so happy that we got back our love eventhough it took some time.

Rune holds Sun's hand tightly.

Veera: Yes and I don't intend to lose it a second time.  We need to find him Kla before he reaches Tanet. I want him gone, gone forever from Tanet's life. I don't care how, but Tanet is not going through that pain again while I am alive.

Kla: We will get him Boss.