Chapter 38

Its Saturday morning and there is just one day left for the wedding. Everyone in the Li Mansion are busy preparing for the wedding. Veera invited all his friends including Tanet for a pre wedding lunch.

In the dining hall:

Everyone is sitting around the dining hall eating lunch. Even though it is supposed to be a happy occasion and everyone is smiling, there is a slight tension on everyone's face. Veera could sense an uneasiness in the room.

Veera: Why are you all so quite? Tomorrow your friend is getting married. You guys are supposed to celebrate my last day as bachelor.

Everyone looks at Veera and smiles. But their smile does not reach their eyes.

Veera: Let's keep a party in our club tonight in honor of my last day as a bachelor. What do say Tanet?

Tanet: Sure

Everyone looks at Tanet but he just looks down and continue eating his food.

After lunch, Tanet says goodbye to everyone, promising Veera to meet him at the club.

Tanet is about to enter the car, when he heard someone calling his name.

"PTanet "

Tanet looks back and is surprised to see Tu standing there.

Tu: I..I am.sorry.

Tanet: For what?

Tu: I didn't know. I..

Tanet: Its not your fault Tu. You just saved his life. It's not your fault that he lost his memory. It's not your fault that you fell in love with him. It's not your fault that he forgot me and fell in love with you. It's all in our destiny. I can just wish you good luck and that you take care of him.

Tu: Don't you feel angry at me? Don't you want him to know the truth?

Tanet: No. The truth will only hurt him. He is happy with you now. That's all that matters. I wish you and Veera a lot of happiness Tu. Good luck.

Tanet gets into the car and drives away while Tu stands there with tears in her eyes.

Later at Black Hole:

Veera is partying with his friends, celebrating his last day as a bachelor. Kla,Rune,Sun and Tanet are also present at the club along with their other friends from college.

Rune: Tanet

Tanet: Hmm

Rune: It's time.

Tanet: But Veera.

Rune: He is so drunk that he will not notice your absence.

Tanet and Kla leaves the club quietly as everyone else enjoys the party. Later, Rune takes Veera home as he is completely wasted.

Wedding day:

Finally it is the day of Veera's wedding. He is completely washed out due to the previous night's hangover. He sat on the bed holding his head. Daw brings him a pill to reduce his hangover. He takes the pill and closes his eyes for a few seconds, trying to gather his thoughts.

Veera: We still have couple of hours before the ceremony starts. Let me just lay down for 30 minutes.

Rune: Hmm

Everyone leaves the room as Veera lies on the bed with his eyes closed.

After 30 minutes, Rune comes and wakes him up.

Rune: Veera, wake up. It's time to get dressed.

Veera wakes up with a groan. He then takes bath and changes into the wedding suit. He looks at himself in the mirror. His face looks a bit bloated due to hangover. He then turn around and looks at everyone in the room.

Veera: Where is he?

Rune: Huh

Veera: Where is Tanet?

Rune and Daw look at each other but does not say anything.

Veera looks at Kla and raises his eyebrows.

Veera: Kla, where is Tanet? Why isn't he here yet?

Kla: He...He is not here.

Veera: I can see that. That's why I am asking you where is he?

Kla: He is not in Thailand.

Veera: WHAT?

Kla: He is in Singapore.

Veera: Why?

Daw: He said he had some urgent work in Singapore.

Veera: What is more urgent than his friend's wedding? He promised to be here. I want him here now.

Rune: Veera.

Veera just looks at everyone in anger.

Just then Sun enters the room.

Sun: Veera

Veera looks at PSun.

Sun: It's time. Master is calling you downstairs.

Veera looks at everyone in the room once again and then looks in the mirror and fixes his shirt. He then walks out of the room followed by everyone else.

In the Li Mansion garden:

Veera is standing at the altar along with Rune and Kla while Tu is walking down the aisle with PSun and Daw beside her. As she reaches Veera, he holds her hand and helps her up onto the stage. Veera looks at her and smiles. He then looks at Kla and Rune who is standing next to him fidgeting with their hands.

Veera: Do you have something to tell me?

Kla and Rune just shakes their head in no.

Veera: Okay

Veera takes Tu's hand in his hand and the wedding ceremony begins.