Chapter 26

Veera is waiting in the office room for Korn as he requested to meet him urgently. Soon Korn enters the meeting room followed by Rune and Sun.

Korn: Boss, I have some news for you.

Veera: Is it regarding Prem?

Korn: Hmm

Veera: What did you find out about him?

Korn: Did you guys ever hear the name Serpents?

Rune: You mean the notorious gang from Singapore?

Korn nods his head.

Korn: Prem is the leader of that gang.

Sun: Shit. They are really powerful and known for their ruthlessness.

Korn: I know. So we need to be careful while dealing with them.

Veera: Do you mean, we cannot do anything against them?

Korn: No. We can but we need a solid plan before we confront them.

Veera: Hmm. Let's call a meeting. Make sure only trusted men are included in the meeting. We are still unable to find the mole in the gang.

Korn: We found him.

Veera: What?

Korn: Since the attack on Tanet, Force was busy searching for the guy who betrayed us. He went through the countless cctv footage of the mansion and finally found the culprit.

Veera: WHO IS IT?

Korn: He was our butler.

Veera: Huh

Korn: 6 months back our regular butler called in sick and send his cousin as a replacement. We did a background check and didn't find anything suspicious. But when Force checked the CCTV footage, he saw him in places where he is not supposed to be. We decided to meet our old butler but his house was closed. After a long search, we finally managed to find him. He was in a bad shape. He said he was beaten and his family was taken hostage so that he do not open his mouth to tell the truth. The butler is actually the boyfriend of Prem's right hand man. He was planted here to spy on us.

Veera: Where is he?

Korn: I have already send him to the place where he is supposed to be. His boyfriend should have recieved him by now.

Korn replied in a cold tone.

Veera: Good. They will think twice before trying to hurt our loved ones.

Meanwhile in different part of the city, a man is crying while holding a man in his arms. The man wasn't dead but he was beaten so badly that he would most probably never walk or talk in this life.

"Sean"

Mike and Sean

Mike and Sean

Sean: Boss, look at my Mike. They almost ki..

Prem: I know. They will pay for this. I promise you that.

Sean: Boss, I will bring your Tanet to you but I need the guys who did this to my Mike. I want to kill them with my own hands.

Prem: Hmm. You take care of Mike for now. I will call once I have a plan.

Sean nods his head and carries Mike away from there.

Prem sits on the couch staring into space. He know he needs to act fast before Sean does something stupid and jeopardize his plan.

In the Li Mansion:

Veera is in their office room gathering information on the Serpents when he felt the presence of someone in the room. His hands quickly went to the drawer to get his gun but relaxed when he felt a familiar touch on his shoulder.

Veera: Tanet

Veera looks at Tanet and saw fear and confusion in his eyes on seeing gun in his hand.

Veera: Hey, relax. It was just basic instinct due to whatever is happening around us recently.

Tanet nods his head and relaxes a bit.

Veera: Why are awake till now? Are you not getting sleep?

Tanet nods his head in no.

Veera pulls Tanet to his lap and wraps his hand around his waist. Tanet leans his head on his chest and closes his eyes.

Tanet: Nightmares

Veera tightens his hold around him and places a kiss on his head.

Veera: Shhhh. Just don't think about him and your past. Just think about us, think about me. I am there for you, always. I won't let anyone hurt you.

A sob escapes Tanet's mouth.

Tanet: I...I am frightened Veera. I am afraid you will leave me because of him.

Veera: Hey..I did that mistake once. I lost you once but I cannot lose you again. I love you too much to live without you.

Tanet: Vee

Veera: I will not let go of your hand until my last breath. We will fight everyone and everything that comes between us. I promise.

Tanet: Thank..Thank you. I love you so much.

Veera: I love you too my love.

Veera carries Tanet in his arms to their bedroom. He puts him down on the bed gently and looks at him with all the love in his heart. He kisses his forehead and lies down next to him.

Tanet: Vee

Veera: Hmm

Tanet: Can I sleep in your arms?

Veera quickly pulls him into his arms and hugs him tight. Tanet places his head on Veera's chest and closes his eyes, slowly drifting into deep sleep listening to the rhythm of his lover's heartbeat.