Chapter 25

Veera comes back to his room after the meeting. Daw was already in the room sitting beside a sleeping Tanet.

Daw: Veera

Veera: Shhh

Daw slowly walks away from Tanet and stands before Veera.

Daw: He hasn't woken up till now. He seem to be restless.

Veera: Hmm. I will take care of him.

Daw: Is he okay? Is this about Prem?

Veera: Daw, do you know Prem?

Daw: Hmm. I met him in college

Veera: Huh, he studied in.our college?

Daw: Yes. He was a law student. I came to know him when an incident occurred including Tanet and him.

Veera: What incident?

Daw: I think it's better if you talk.about it with Tanet because it is a sensitive issue.

Veera: Hmm. Okay

Daw: I will leave you with him. Call me if you need anything.

Veera: Hmm

Daw exits the room while Veera goes and sits beside Tanet. Veera gently caresses his forehead and looks at him gently. Soon Tanet starts to wake up and looks at Veera.

Tanet: Vee

Tanet starts to get up but Veera holds him back.

Veera: Don't get up. You look so tired. You can sleep for some more time.

Tanet: No. I am okay now.

Veera: Hmm. Let me get you something to eat while you freshen up.

Tanet: Hmm

Veera goes out to get Tanet breakfast while Tanet goes to the restroom to clean up.

Tanet have his breakfast in.silence while Veera looks at him. There is dark circles under his eyes and it is making Veera anxious.

Veera: Tanet, are you okay?

Tanet: Yes, I am okay. Just a bit tired.

Veera: Tanet, regarding Prem..

Tanet tense up on hraring Prem's name.

Veera: Is there something you are hiding from me Tanet?

Tanet looks at Veera with tears in his eyes.

Tanet: School was not the last place I met him. I met him again while we were in college.

Veera: When, how?

Tanet: That day, after you broke up with me. He was actually watching us and he was the one who made the anonymous call to Kla, leading to our breakup.

Veera: WHAT?

Tanet: That day after our break up, I was heartbroken and I went to my room looking for Daw. But what I saw was...

Flashback:

Tanet slowly climbed the stairs of his hostel, dejected and broken after his breakup with Veera. He wanted to hug someone and cry. Soon he reach his room and is surprised to see it unlocked. He barged in expecting Daw but was shocked to see Prem sitting on his bed.

Tanet: Pre...Prem. what are doing here?

Prem looks at him with a sly smile.

Prem: Hi sweetheart. I was waiting for you.

Prem starts to walk towards Tanet as he walks back in fear. Soon his body hits a wall and Prem is standing so close to him that he can feel his breath on his face. He felt disgusted looking at the person who was once his bestfriend. Tanet tries to move away from him but he blocks the way with his hands.

Prem: Why are you so afraid of me? I won't hurt you Tanet. I just want to love you.

Tanet: But I don't love you. I love only..

Prem: Veera

Prem spits his name in anger.

Prem: That moron left you. He does not trust you. How can you love an idiot like him?

Tanet: He is not an idiot. It's just a misunderstanding. I will clear it once his anger is gone.

Prem: NO. YOU ARE MINE AND I WILL NOT LET ANYONE TOUCH WHAT IS MINE.

Tanet: NO. I HATE YOU. I AM VEERA'S AND ALWAYS WILL BE TILL MY LAST BREATH.

Tanet pushes him hard and tries to escape but he catches hold of his shirt and tears it down. Tanet tries to cover himself but Prem holds his hand and starts kissing him forcefully. He struggles and tries to get away from him but Prem hits him so hard on his stomach that he felt like he blacked out for a second. He tried to remove Tanet's clothes while he lay their crying and praying for Veera to come and rescue him. Just then someone enters the room and shouts his name.

"TANET"

It was Daw. Daw quickly pulls Prem off Tanet and hits him hard on his face. He somehow manages to catch his collar and throw him out of the room. He locks the room and calls Rune who reaches there in 10 minutes.

When Rune enters the room, he see a completely broken Tanet hugging Daw. He quickly goes and hugs him tight as he sobs in their arms. They take him to a nearby hospital and gets his wounds treated. They thought of making a police complaint but Prem was nowhere to be found.

Flashback ends.

Tanet was sobbing so hard as he recalls that day's events. Veera pulls him on to his lap and hugs him tight.

Veera: I am sorry. I am so sorry that I was not there when you needed me the most.

Tanet: It's..it's not your fault. It's my destiny to get hurt by him. It took me a long time to recover from that incident. Rune and Daw took me to a lot of counseling sessions to get me over that incident. During those days, I really missed you so much and I wished you would hold like this whenever I had a nightmare.

Veera: I am sorry love. I promise I will never leave you again and I will protect you till my last breath.

Tanet hugs Veera tight as he cries his heart out.

Veera(in mind): Prem, you shouldn't have touched my Tanet. I will find you and I will punish you with my own hands. By the time i am done with you, you will regret the day you were born.