Chapter 40

A guy is lying face down on the floor. Bottles are scattered in the entire room and the TV is turned ON tuned to a music channel. Suddenly doorbell starts ringing but there is no response from the guy.. The doorbell continues to ring. On the 10th ring, the guy gets up groaning. He rubs his eyes harshly and tries to stand up. Slowly and painstakingly he stand up and walks towards the door using wobbly steps. As soon as he opens the door, he is greeted by a hard slap on his face.

Guy: What the he...

Words gets stuck in his throat as he saw the person standing before him.

"Veera"

Veera: Yes, it's me Mr.Tanet Wang.

Tanet looks at Veera in shock.

Tanet: Wha....What are doing here on your wedding night?

Veera: Well, my best friend decided to jump from the balcony on my wedding day instead of attending my wedding. So I thought of coming down to put some sense into his stupid brain.

Tanet: You shouldn't have come. I was not going to do anything. I was just drunk.

Veera: Oh, really? Then why the hell were you standing on the balcony railings?

Tanet does not say anything and just keeps mum.

Veera: How long do you intend to keep this silence? Why did you try to commit suicide Tanet?

Tanet still does not say anything. Veera gets frustrated. He holds his collar and shakes him.

Veera: Say something dammit.

Tanet just looks down as a drop of tear flows down his eyes. Veera could no longer hold himself back. He pulls Tanet into his arms and hugs him tight. Tears start to flow nonstop from Tanet's eyes as he lay in Veera's arms. Tanet cries his heart out as Veera hugs him tight. Suddenly he realizes their awkward position. He pushes Veera away from him and wipes off his tears.

Tanet: You shouldn't be here Veera. It's your wedding night. You should be with your wife. You should be with Tu.

Veera looks at Tanet with an unreadable expression.  He slowly walks towards him and holds his shoulders.

Veera: How long?

Tanet: Huh

Veera: How long due to intend to hide the truth from me?

Tanet: Veera

Veera: How long do you want to hide  the truth that you love me?

Tanet: Veera, please stop.

Veera: Why? Why should I stop?

Tanet: Because you are someone else husband .

Veera: Do you really think I will marry someone else after knowing the truth?

Tanet looks at Veera in shock.

Veera: Do you remember the night I took you to your condo in drunken state?

Tanet nods his head.

Veera: I came to know the truth about us that day.

Tanet: How?

Flashback:

Veera enters Tanet's condo using the key in his pocket. He carries him into his bedroom and lies him on the bed. As he is trying to adjust Tanet's head, his hand hits the side table and something falls down on the floor. He gently straightens Tanet's body and covers him with a comforter. He then looks for the thing that fell from the side table. It was a diary. As he picks up the diary, a piece of paper falls down from it. He quickly picks up the paper and is shocked to see his and Tanet's photo. It was not an ordinary photo. It was a photo of him kissing Tanet.