3• I hate customer service

TW; mentions of hallucination as a quirk.

וווווו×

Being interrupted by Shigaraki himself looking for the female hostage, Dabi had no other option but to stand in silence as the pale blue haired one used his manipulative tactics on her while he... He simply stared at her now that his interest had been caught in that short conversation.

" Hallucination, right ? "

" Visual, auditory and I'm working on a couple of tricks under my sleeve. "

" But you need to touch them to make them hallucinate. "

" Not during the entire time, just bumping into them at the beginning would trigger it. "

" And what's the downside ? "

" If I overuse it I start to disassociate from reality. "

" What brings you back ? "

" Pain. "

" Care to elaborate ? "

" I don't know why I'm telling you all of this but anyway, physical pain brings me back to my senses, it's like forcefully pulling me back to reality. But I wouldn't see it as a downside if I'm into it. "

Shigaraki's confused expression made a quiet snort erupt from the back of her nose, finding herself using other words to express it.

" I'm a masochist. "

And that not only drew Dabi's attention to her but also Tomura was slightly more interested now but it was unsure if just in a professional way anymore.

With a clear of his throat, the leader of the League began his negotiation period, finding out what she wanted which turned out to be easier to accomplish than shallow thieves craving money and power. She just needed a clean nice place to rest without paying rent, not to be bothered unless there was a mission and her privacy. It followed the general rules of the rest of the group and it didn't seem troublesome to accommodate her in a private room in their hideout.

It seemed too suspiciously easy to convince her but not because she was naive and greedy like the other hostage they had earlier that day but she was clearly seeking her own comfort. A hedonistic type of person perhaps.

The agreement had been to teleport her back to her place in order to retrieve most things, sending Dabi to keep an eye on her in case she planned on snitching to the authorities and escape.

" This place is the size of a shoebox. "

" I call it a matchbox. "

" Cozy. " Subtle sarcasm was evident from the blue flame villain. " Why did you agree on joining us so easily ? "

" Do you know how annoying is to live by the law ? Having to pay rent, utilities, pretend you're a functional member of this society ? I've been fired from five jobs in the last six months because I can't stand working in customer service, as a retail worker, a waitress, I don't have the fucking patience to let some tiny-dick inferiority-complex boss yell at me. "

And that sounded like a rant she has been holding off for months and she could finally pour it all out. Surprisingly, Dabi couldn't avert his eyes from her figure aggressively shoving clothes into a suitcase while grunting and complaining in anger. It was... Hot. She was so angry and he just wanted to hear her yell and cuss because for some unknown reason, it felt cathartic for him as well.

She definitely had his full attention.

ווווו×

Author's note: should I make this a slow burn or a quick burn?