45• Dread

Being slammed against the wall behind her and pinned by the crimson feathers while staring at Dabi disappearing behind the closing portal made her chest tighten with impending dread. Panic seeping into her bloodstream as (y/n) tried to come up with something that would get her out of that situation and even though she had a very poor training in combat, she was quick to take decisions.

The arm pinned by her sleeve was yanked away until the fabric ripped and she could reach for her pocket knife in order to get rid of the rest of the feathers but she couldn't move fast enough and as the dust cloud from the initial impact disappeared, it allowed her to catch a glimpse of wood vines flying towards her   just as she tried to yank on the second feather just to realize it was almost impossible to rip away from it.

A familiar voice warned the wood vine pro hero to not touch (y/n) but it was too late, as soon as she felt the rough wooden material trying to hold onto her now free hand, she used the contact to activate her quirk and force a hallucination on Kamui Woods that would mess with his perception, creating a illusion of incessant spiraling to mimick a tormenting dizziness that would make him retreat from her.

The crimson winged hero had no other option but to use his feathers to bring her up in the air, limiting her motions even more as the hold from said feathers was the only thing keeping her from falling down from an increasing height, bringing her further up in the air where she was at full disadvantage.

Shit, shit, shit!

Panic made her chest tighten and her ears ring as the villain was unable to find a escape from her position, feeling a knot in her stomach when turning her head to glance down at the woods beneath her, the tall trees now looking like toy decorations. Quick breathing made her hyperventilate, tightening her jaw now with a helpless whimper.

There was no way out of this situation.

Hawks flew meters away from her, wisely keeping his distance even in the air since he wasn't fully aware of the extends or her quirk or what it exactly does but as she fully took his presence in with a sense of dread filling her chest, there was a terrifyingly enormous wave of blue flames aggressively shooting towards the pro-hero, mostly in front of him to create a barrier.

The heat was unbearable. She felt like suffocating in the warm air seeping into her lungs as the flames reached for the feathers to burn them and accidentally reach some parts of her skin in the process only to free her from what was holding her up in the air.

Now the scene began to shrink away in front of her as she was yanked downwards by gravity, the cool air painfully licking at the fresh burns on her wrists and ankles as she fell.