42• Running errands

Being the newest member in the League had its ups and downs. (Y/n) was able to freely go out in public without the fear of being recognized and captured in matter of minutes unlike her now teammates. Perhaps the downside for it was the constant trips to the nearest grocery store because Toga had gotten tired of being the designated delivery girl due to her quirk and there was finally someone to replace her.

Even though she couldn't be recognized there was still a latent risk of being followed back to the hideout and even though it seemed too paranoid, she could never be too cautious.
Kurogiri would be the designated teammate to aid her trips to the supermarket by creating a portal in a alley right by said store and they would choose nighttime to avoid people seeing the portal from the sidewalk. It was calculated and planned, she would text him when she was done and ready to step into the portal back to the hideout after making sure no one was watching.

Rice, tons of rice, salmon, all sorts of beverages ranging from sodas to coffee and tea, some vegetables and just a bit of chicken because meat was too expensive for the League to buy often. Everything was ringed up and she held onto a few still heavy bags after using her backpack to store more of the items to distribute the weight on her body but Lord knows she nearly dropped one of the bags when noticing a very familiar face ringing a few mints right after her.

Oh shit.

Calm down, it's impossible he knows who you are. This is just a fucking ridiculous coincidence.

Walk out as calmly as possible. He will probably leave the supermarket and fly somewhere else. He is probably on patrol around the area.

But that was not a comforting thought either taking into consideration how careful she had to be in order to not raise any suspicions.

Fuck, why is he walking right behind me ? I'm probably just being paranoid, I'm just gonna keep on walking until I lose him.

Walking past the alley she was planning on using, she now opted to try and venture deeper into the city in hopes of losing him while texting Kurogiri how there was a hero walking right behind her.

Fucking bags are so heavy. C'mon, dude ! Is he following me ? It's impossible, he doesn't know me.

However just as she began to truly panic at the thought of being caught by a hero, she almost sighs in relief upon hearing how a group of young women began to claim his name along with positive adjectives about his looks and his silky blond hair, begging for pictures and autographs.

Jesus Christ on a motorcycle that was close. I think I can finally send Kurogiri my GPS location.

She was as quick as she possibly could while maneuvering her phone with heavy bags hanging from her wrists right before taking a turn to disappear from the main sidewalk and hide right next to a big trash container.

Fucking signal, what's wrong with it ? My texts aren't going through. C'mon !

But just when she thought nothing else could go wrong that night after they ran out of (favorite snack) in the supermarket, her heart almost leaped out of her chest with the sudden sound of wings flapping from above.

" Are you lost ? It's kinda dangerous for a girl to be alone in an alleyway. " A calm voice echoed against the brick walls as those crimson feathers nearly glowed in the darkness.

Just when she tried not to drop her phone from the jumpscare, she pressed the device against her chest. " Hawks ! Oh... Thank you for worrying, I'm fine ! I'm flattered a pro hero is talking to me. "

A wide smile and a fangirl-like response might help her slip out of this situation but she could barely hide away the panic thumping within her ribcage from the thought of that portal opening at any second now. Did the text go through ? She didn't know, if it didn't that would play on her favor but if her phone suddenly reconnected and sent the text then she might not have enough time to escape.

At this point the least of her concerns was to be caught as a part of the League of Villains and then recognized by the public but what if she didn't get to step into the portal on time and she would end up being interrogated by the heroes and incarcerated for years.

Fuck, fuck, fuck ! She was close to sweating out of sheer anxiety in spite of the cold windy night.

" Those bags look heavy ! Let me help you with them. " Why on Earth would a pro hero care about carry someone else's bags ? They were nowhere public for cameras to record them and have thousands of videos shared on internet where the were praised on how kind and generous they were.

She was about to explode and spew how fake his attitude was and how he was acting like a politician trying to pretend he gave a damn about people but she couldn't afford to keep him there, she needed him out of there as soon as possible.