18• How difficult

Now... The moment when both come down from their ecstatic euphoria, when they finally catch a breath and resumed their regular oxygen intake, when the skin is warm and sticky and it feels even itchy is some areas, when their muscles start reminding them the exertion they just went through and beg them for a rest. That point where the brain had gotten the dopamine it wanted and was now returning to a more regular state... That's when it hit him. The realization of this sort of... Affair might get them too involved, seeing each other so often, fucking and working together, protecting each other in battle and having to see the other with injuries or... Dead.

It felt like an avalanche slow but catastrophically rolling down on him, it felt like a weight on his chest. Yet the worst part was not being able to understand his own emotions and how much this was affecting him. Could it be the idea of seeing her lifeless body in the battleground and having to leave it behind like some collateral damage ? But why on earth would that affect him when he has not created an emotional bond with anyone and death was not something he was remotely afraid of ? Why did it anger him to picture a hero catching her and sending her to jail ? She was nothing for him... She was supposed to be just someone he could fuck, like many others before her.

It felt stupid to try and convince himself that she meant nothing important to him, nothing more than a fellow villain cooperating towards a goal in common. However, his mind flashed images of her lips sweetly brushing over his chest and kissing his burnt skin with adoration, the feeling echoing in his nervous system.

His confusion pretty much turns into anger, it was frustration expressing itself into the only thing he knew how to express: rage. His default response.

If only she could have made it easier for him to get mad, if only she hadn't stared at him as if she could read every thought crossing his mind. If only... If only he didn't feel like staring back, kissing her back when she leaned in closer.

This is... So... Difficult.

ווווו×

Author's note: a little view into Dabi's inner struggle regarding his feelings towards her