13• Acting

The hero standing a few feet away from her gave a clear loud " There is someone behind the dumpsters! " That alerted the rest of the league and made her stomach drop. Frozen in her spot, she couldn't figure out a way to escape without drawing too much attention towards her and risk the rest of the mission but the hero sounded too far away to reach for him and use her quirk in an effective way.

If she were to run out of her hiding spot, there would probably be a hero waiting to capture her to at least interrogate her but... Wait.

How would they be so sure she was a villain just because she was hiding ? An imaginary lightbulb turned on atop of her head: that's it, they didn't know she was a villain.

On the other hand, Dabi was the closest one to her spot and he was already a well known villain, it would be impossible to confuse him with a regular citizen and all of his approaches had to be attacking. All he could think of was to spread his blue flames towards her hiding spot just in front of it as a barrier but he had already used up so much of his energy that it wouldn't be enough for him to create a wall of flames.

Azure eyes were turning to the dumpsters as if trying to pick a different plan to go with when a sudden cry out made his insides freeze in fear, that was her voice, why did she sound in distress ? Was she hurt ?

The hero approached even faster just to be met with a trembling (y/n) trying to escape while whimpering for a hero to help her, hearing the faux tone of fear coating her words relieved him. It seemed to fully work when the aforementioned hero adopted a protective stance towards her, shielding her crouching body and leading her to a safer place while Dabi focused on the mission with a slight amused grin tugging at his staples.

This fucking girl.

Once the mission had been somewhat accomplished, Tomura called for a strategic retreat upon seeing himself both outnumbered and also lacking a well elaborated plan for this situation.

Whereas the rest of the league was able to successfully leave the scene through the portals, she was left behind in her innocent act because it would've been too risky to approach her. However, as soon as she had walked out of sight, a portal opened for her as well to secure her back in the hideout.

Between a couple of jokes coming from Twice about how scared she genuinely seemed and how Toga tried to reenact the scene, chuckles were shared here and there, trying to find entertainment in such obscure situation.

ווווווו×
Author's note: tiny update