34• I really fucking like you

Author's note: idk why I didn't like my last chapter, i feel like it was poorly written and it didn't have a main idea so UGH I NEED TO DO BETTERRRR

וווווו×

Even though both of them were playfully mean to each other, there were very rare moments in which quietness replaced the sarcastic words and the roughness towards each other was left aside for gentle caressing to take place. A new level of intimacy that went beyond exploring twisted kinks and trusting each other to make pain the main course of their encounters, ironically enough it felt more intimate to kiss each other, to softly lather soap on the other's skin, to randomly lean into a silent hug under the running water, to kiss each other with utmost adoration.

(Y/n) had already come to terms with herself about the inevitable situation her mind was in, she knew she was growing feelings like fungi in a humid forest, she unavoidably grew fond of him, of his smile, of his voice, of his touch, of his entire self even when he acted like an idiot. She knew perfectly well how bad this was and what it entitled: she was falling in love. What's the point of denying it ? Yet when Dabi brought the topic back on the table, she couldn't help but feel somewhat embarrassed from being put in the spotlight.

" So... What was that you said about feelings for me the other day ? "

They were already out of the shower and slipping into more comfortable clothes that were not soaked in sweat and she found his t-shirt to still be too short to cover past her rear, yet he refused to give her anything longer.

" I don't know what you're talking about... " What a convenient time to turn away while patting the excess of water out of her hair with the towel.

" Are you getting shy now ? " It had been too evident that she turned away in order to avoid eye contact.

" Don't play dumb ! You already know what that means. " Slightly turning around to send a brief glance at him, she could barely hold his accusing gaze for a second before finding something to stare at on the opposite wall.

Dabi was beyond amused upon witnessing this side of her, unexpectedly shy and trying to avoid talking about something was so unlike her.

" Yes I know. I just want you to use your words properly. " And he knew perfectly well that standing closer behind her wouldn't help her nervousness or whatever it is that is making her act this way. A hand rested on her hip with a gentle squeeze as if coaxing the words out of her like a squeaky toy.

" To say what exactly ? " Now she was the one to arch an eyebrow at him with a questioning stare, having to crane her head fully to the side and up to meet his blue hues. " That I like you ? You already know I do... I really like your stupid face and your hands and your voice... You already know. "

" Then why are you scowling at me ? Does it make you mad that you like me ? "

" It makes me mad that I'm so open about it and you don't really tell me much about your feelings so I don't know how you feel about me. "

There was a moment of silence where now he was the one wanting to turn away and avoid her inquiring gaze. " You know I suck at expressing emotions and shit... "

" I know, that's why I don't pry. " But she sounded somewhat defeated with that statement and it made something tighten inside his chest.

Arms slid around her torso from behind, tightening into a slightly possessive hold as his lips pressed into the side of her head. " Dumbass. " His little insult was so quiet, she could barely hear it. " I really fucking like you. " But those words were loud enough for her to catch, not looking at him at the moment, yet trying her best to hold back an excited smile.