Chapter Seven- Holding it All Inside

I had only seen fights on television. The ones in which the guy who was the hero would get beat up and then at the last minute when you think there is no hope, they would rise to the occasion and win the fight. This was different than those scenes. Nicholas was not even trying. He used the boys against each other, leaving them with various broken bones and possible scars they would lie about later in life.

But then it came down to two of them. The biggest guy that I knew as Jaguar and his friend Bolt. They were mass in size, not quite as large as Nick, but surely something to reckon with. Tattoos that covered their arms were visible as they went to hit him. Bolt focused completely on Nick as Jaguar made his gaze on me.

As he approached my way, I went to go back to the car until I felt a strong grasp pull my wrist back. I had been a small distance away from Nick at this point, but not too far so I was unable to see the progress he had been making. My gaze to him took my focus from my issues as I was thrown onto the ground.

"Do you know why they call me Jaguar?" He asked with a sickly grin. One that made me want to throw him over the edge. I was so tempted to do so. I thought in my mind he would be stupid to try anything in daylight. Then I realized. This spot was fairly secluded. And a popular suicide spot. Any screams would be thought as just that...

But I fought the best I could. His grip was strong on my arms as I tried to make my knee accessible to possibly injure him between the legs. But it was no use.

"Ahhh! Let me go!" I screamed. As I lifted my head to yell for help, I made it close to his ear and had the perfect angle to bite it. Without hesitation, my teeth were clenched hard. He pulled, adding to the pain and I saw out of my peripheral vision drops of blood that fell beside me and even onto me. I had looked over and seen Nick being held up against the tree right by the ledge.

I closed my eyes before letting out a scream just in time for Nick to break free from Bolt's grasp. Nick tore him from me and beat him almost to death. He was unconscious and bleeding profusely from his nose and ears.

Without any true effort, Nick picked me up in his arms as if I were a bride over the threshold and carried me to the car.

"Give me your keys." He said as I handed him what he asked. In a way, he scared me. The way he turned from happy to romantic to this. Whatever "this" was. But on the other hand. I was roused by the way he was protective of me. The way he pushed limits for me. The way he made me feel I was his.