Chapter Forty Five- Heat of the Moment

I swear I could kiss him for hours and I had. His soft lips comforted me as if trying to heal me in someway. Possibly my heart-as I liked to think. I crave his kisses now.

We sat before the fire place as it roared and yet another storm raged outside. His hair was soaked from him enduring the storm to fetch my books from the car so he could help me with homework. But as we sat there, he kissed my neck and here we are.

I became breathless before him. His fingers played with my buttons but never freeing them before I decided it was time. I unbuttoned the first one before he stopped me.

"No."

"You are the only guy in the world who would say no..."

"Not here..." He said as he carried me up the stairs and into my bedroom.

But as he kissed me, the memories of my horrible and forceful night with Peter filled my mind. His harsh touch, his thin and dry lips, and his painful satisfaction he eventually had. I pushed Nick away at these thoughts.

"I'm sorry-I shouldn't have-"

"It's not you." I said as I cradled my head in my hands as I walked out of the bedroom.

"It's this room...this house...I hate it. So many bad memories and horrible questions I still desire answers to."

"We'll get them. I promise."

"I want to be with you though. I do....I just can't here...Not in the same house my mother was killed in or my virtue was ripped away-I can't do it."

"I'm not forcing you love. I never would. Do you want to go somewhere? Or do you want to do something else?"

I realized how quickly moments had changed. That morning, I was not ready to be his. To be in his arms as I gave him myself completely. Now I would do anything to be in that position. To feel his heart race against my chest as I felt him.

"I have the perfect place." He said as he pulled me out of the house and into the barn. As we stood there, he pulled me into him and slowly kissed me. "This is our place. It's where we met....where we'll give ourselves to each other. Even if we have been with others...I promise I have never loved anybody as I do you. I have never seen my future when I look into someone's eyes or felt so at home in a heart."

"Kiss me." I said as he did not hesitate to fulfill the order. As I felt his body begin to tremble, he walked me back against the post and leaned me against it as I felt his breath hot on my neck. He lingered there for a small while before he now unbuttoned my shirt to reveal a lace bra underneath. The only nice pair of undergarments I owned I luckily wore-just in case....

"I just want to be sure...We don't have to rush..." He said as he paused his hand on my cheek.

"Why are you trying to stop me?"

"I just don't want you to wake up tomorrow and realize you made a mistake..."

"You think you can handle me all night?" I said attempting to be both flirtatious and humorous.

"You have no idea..."

I felt my face become flushed before his lips crashed hard against mine. "Please stop me before I go any further....because I can't stop....I won't want to...So if you aren't-"

"If you tell me to stop and think one more time I'll explode."

He smiled before sliding the shirt from my almost bare torso and throwing it across the room to the other side of the barn. I giggled as he trailed kisses from my lips to my neck then to my chest and down my stomach. He paused yet again before leaning his head against my stomach.

"Tell me if I hurt you." He said quick before picking me up and carrying me to a pile of hay in the corner of the barn. It was soft and not quiet as comfortable as I imagined but I didn't care. Something came over me. I tore his shirt as I gripped it-attempting to remove it. He eventually took it off before elbowing me in the nose.

"I'm just ruining this moment aren't I?"

"How are you going to make up for it?" I said as I gave him a sensual look.

"So sexy..." he murmured before removing my jeans. His hand moved up and down my legs before he parted them and kissed from my heel to my inner thigh-making my body temperature rise.

TORTURE!

It was as if my body was taken over by a lustful ghost. One who had never been with someone. I tore at his belt and found it nearly impossible before he pulled it through the loop and I tore it from his jeans, throwing it across the room-causing it to hit a shovel and hit the floor hard.

It didn't phase us. We were so caught in the moment-nothing else mattered. No influences outside, no deaths or crime, no mysteries, just what to do to show one another how they truly felt.

"I want to show you how much I love you." He said as he ceased his kisses on my neck.

"Please, then do it." I whispered, the only thing on my mind was him. He pushed my legs slightly wider apart before placing one more soft kiss on my lips. "I love you so much Savannah." He said as he caressed my cheek.

"I love you Nicholas."

Before I could finish his name, he electrified me. I had never felt anything quite like him before. The pain at first, it was as if just the prick of a needle-but then it was the moment I waited for for so long. The surrendering of my virtue-or what was left of it, to the man I love.