Chapter Forty Six- Cloud Nine

I awoke the next morning with an achy body. I realized he had not ceased through the night as neither did I. My wrists ached from him holding me down hard and my lips from all the kisses we shared. I never realized how the act of sex made people do selfish and even dangerous things until now. That feeling of fulfillment, of desire, and satisfied passion...it can drive someone to kill.

I slid from his large shirt he placed over me as I fell asleep in his arms before seeing how the day had begun already and the sun was shining bright. There was a permanent smile on my face as the memories of the night before flooded my head. I giggled as I thought of the moments we embarrassed ourselves and the others in which we were loud or quiet.

It all made the experience comfortable. It was not cinematic where it was perfect. It was flawed in it's perfect ways, in the ways I loved so dearly. I stood there in the doorway of the barn and looked to the town ahead. Turning back, I realized I took the only thing that covered Nick and I basked in the view. He was a Demigod even with messy hair.

I turned my head to him before I giggled at the thought of this moment. If you would have told me these events would happen a year ago, I would have laughed. But now, I see I have matured since then. I was no longer just a bookworm, I was now a passionate mini-sleuth.

Unfortunately, I figured he would prefer a blanket so I hijacked one from the shelves in loft of the barn and brought it down to him before walking toward the house to get food. I had not realized that activity would make someone so ravenous. I could have eaten the entire house.

Entering through the kitchen, I searched the food and found only crackers, oatmeal, coffee, and something someone could have mistaken for an unidentified science project. I made the coffee as I needed the energy and then some oatmeal with brown sugar on top before walking around the house. I realized how much had happened as I took the spoon in my mouth and back into the bowl.

Finishing breakfast, I placed my dishes in the sink and washed them out before making my way upstairs to the bathroom. I desperately wanted a shower-more than anything in life! I smelled of nature and hay...which surprisingly didn't mix well together with sweat....

As I turned on the water, I began humming and cleaned myself up. Just as I finished shaving, I heard a noise coming from outside the bathroom. I clutched the razor tight in my hand as I slid open the curtain slightly to reveal an empty room. Closing it to hurry up to end my paranoia, I ran the shampoo through my hair fast, getting some into my eyes and quickly washing it out.

I felt a cold chill and realized the curtain was opened but as I went to shut it, a hand stopped me and someone entered the shower as well. With a harsh grip on my wrist as I attempted to deck the person, I realized by the laugh it was Nick.

"I see how it is the day after." He said as the shampoo was now out of my eyes.

"I thought you were asleep..." I said with embarrassment.

"How can I sleep after that?" He said as he turned me around and continued to wash the soap out of my hair before putting conditioner into it. "I must admit, you are quite tiring."

I felt his lips on my neck and my back as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"How do you feel?" He asked, turning me back toward him.

"Like I ran the longest marathon in the world." I said with a grin.

"I mean...are you okay with-"

"I'm perfect. To be honest, I feel silly for waiting..."

"So...would you maybe want to..."

Even though he didn't finish the sentence, I knew what he was trying to say and nodded. I pulled him into me and he kissed me once more. His hand slipped as he tried to find something to hold himself up and he turned the water scolding hot. Somehow, we didn't seem to feel it-we didn't care. As we were with each other once again, steam filled the room as we were unaware what lurked outside the curtain.