Chapter Thirty Four- Truth

I woke up later that night to find the room empty aside from my now rested body. Feeling tense from the stress of the entire event, I was desperate to know Nick's whereabouts. Was he alright? Did he decide this was all too much? As tears formed in my eyes, I heard footsteps outside the door and my heart sank.

Did Peter find us?

As it opened I had the covers pressed tight to my chest but released them when it turned out to be Nick. His expression was of a repressed giggle he tried to hide but lost it.

"Why are you holding the blankets like that?"He asked as he placed two bags on the small table by the door.

"I thought you were Peter...anyway, what's in the bags?"

"Food." He said with a sigh of relief. "I haven't eaten anything in nearly three days."

"Me too." I confessed, realizing it had been that long since we were given food.

Setting out the food, I noticed he was not too keen on healthy snacks. But I was not picky at this moment. Normally, I would pick the more bland or tasteless treat, but I scarfed the cookies, crackers, and sandwich down within five minutes.

"Do you want one?" He asked as he pulled out a bottle of strong liquor. "I usually wouldn't offer, but it looks like you need one..."

I nodded. "Please."

Pouring the drink into plastic cups, he chugged his within seconds and placed it back on the table. Trying to prove I could do the same, I followed but found my tolerance was light and of little help. My eyes were foggy and I just felt the need to laugh.

"I have an idea. A way we can find out about each other...."

I nodded-desperate to know more about the man I was falling for.

"We have to drink everytime the answer to the question is "Yes". Got it?"

"Are you trying to get me drunk?"

"Nope. Just wanting you to relax." He said with a kind smile.

"I'll start." He said as he poured a shot. "Have you ever been kissed by someone other than me?"

I took the shot. This took him by surprise. "Am I that bad of a kisser?" I responded as he gave me a look of confusion.

"Not at all. I just...you seemed so nervous..."

In all honesty, if he would have asked that two weeks ago, it would have remained "No". But things happened in those three days that changed the answer.

"My turn...Do you like me?" The alcohol spoke for me this time.

He looked down at the table. "Specify. Like how?"

"Romantically." I said blushing at the thought.

He gave me a smile before snatching the bottle from the table and chugging it until he was unable to breathe.

"More than like..." He rose from his seat and went on his knees on the floor before me. "My turn...." He was now close to my lips. I could feel his breath on my lips and felt electricity pulse through me just as he looked at me.

"What's your question?" I said with a light voice.

He traced his finger upon my arm until he made it to my neck. He then placed his nose in the nook and took a deep breath.

"Do you want to kiss me?"

I held the shot in my hand and dropped it as I connected my lips with his. It was a million times more passionate than before. What had once been sweet and without sinful representation, was now a full on love session. His lips changed from my lips to neck, and even my chest but then always came back to my lips.