Chapter Fifty Two- Arguments Between Lovers

The rest of the evening went by slow as Nick made dinner and Maya told us about her day. Leaving out what I had witnessed myself, I saw how Nick was impressed with her ability to make friends quickly. I was never gifted in that way. In fact, I was gifted in being a wallflower. Born and raised to do so. Finishing dinner, Nick came behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist but I pushed him back.

"You are still on thin ice." I said with a cruel tone. I knew it may have not been fair of me but I was tired of the secrets and the secrecy. He knew things I did not and it killed me that he didn't mind to keep them from me. Now he treated my younger sister as if she were God's gift to mankind and I was the plague upon it. Aside from the cuddling gesture, he treated me as if I had been invisible.

I guess mother was right. When guys get that one thing-they move on to the next....

Getting ready for bed, I took Nick's stuff and began throwing it out of the room. Starting with his shoes and ending with his sweatshirt. I sat on the edge of the bed as I heard him walk up the stairs. His steps were loud and heavy which was surprising due to size and physique.

"What are you doing?"

"I want you to sleep anywhere else but here."

"I'm not leaving you after someone broke in a few days ago!"

"Then sleep on the couch. I don't want to sleep next to someone who favors my sister over me."

"You think I...Wow...I tried to be affectionate and you were angry."

"You treat her better than me in front of me...She sees that and thinks she can play you..."

"I need her to trust me and you should want her to trust you. It's best for everyone to have trust-"

"But you don't..."

"No. I don't. Because I don't know her..."

"So you want to? Get to know her?"

"Oh gosh...Don't start..." He said moving the sheets of the bed aside.

"I mean it Nick. If you sleep in here, I'm going to the barn..."

He threw the sheets back and walked over toward me.

"You mean the barn where I took you as mine for the first time?"

I could tell by his tone he was trying to make me forget the argument-if only he didn't kiss me I could have stayed my ground. He moved my tank top from my shoulder and kissed it. I closed my eyes before biting my bottom lip and turning toward him.

"Go Nick..." My voice weak as I spoke.

"I can't now...I haven't been with you all day! And I can't go to bed with you angry at me! I refuse for it to be so!"

"Well it looks like we both won't get what we want..."

"What can I do to make you love me again?"

"Leave." The words came out before I could control it. "I mean just give me some space....I need to think and I can't do that with you here..."

"You know what? No. Every time people have "thought" about me-they end up leaving me. I want this, I want you-I'm not leaving you. Not now-not ever." He threw me onto the bed without warning. "You can be angry at me. Show me how much you are...but lust and anger fuel the same fire love. Right now you feel one and I feel the other...I suggest we compromise."

Before I could protest, his lips were taking mine. I could not resist his kisses as they swallowed me completely whole. My soul was surrendering to him as well as my body. No matter how angry I was at him, he always had his way of making me want him-even if I hated him as I did it....