Epilogue

I bet reading this, you never would have thought I was the culprit. Truth of the matter is I didn't think it either. That was one of my personalities. I have five - as of now. Each one has a different name aside from "Her". The one who got me locked up in an asylum. The one who made me lose everything. The one who made me crazy. The other personalities are kind or strange but not hostile or mean like her.

I sit and remember all the things that happened and have come a long way. I no longer have to deal with HER unless the memories of mother, Ethan, or Peter arise. Even then, it is just a faint voice. One I am unable to shake but able to maintain control.

The other personalities are of younger versions of myself. All but one innocent. One is a guitarist in a band, another is a skillful pianist, the others are students just like me. The guitarist is Vivian. Pianist is Victoria. Savanah "Vannah" is my primary personality and the one most present. Then there is Veronica - a shy and emotional girl then Her.

As I get treatment each day, I see Nick each day as he gives me news of the outside world. My therapist believes it is good for me to see him. I agree. He says he is proud of me and says I'm getting better.

But every time I close my eyes I see my reflection. I see her on the other side. Smiling maliciously as me-holding the barbecue fork. I become Vannah around Nick. Around anyone else I am her. He is the only one who can keep me sane, keep me normal...he fell in love with a serial killer...and I fell for Her next victim. She has it calculated perfectly. But I must fight her continuously. It's a Neverending fight I am losing but as Nick is doing, I am never giving up. Her words are harsh and emotions are high. But she feels no sympathy.

I hope dearly I stay locked up at least until she is gone. She has a new target and it is the man I love...I am just terrified she has done something already....