Chapter Seventeen- Confrontation

I swear the task in finding Nick through the crowded club was similar on trying to find matching Barbie doll shoes. Eventually, I gave up hope and made my way outside in where I then leaned myself up against the wall and replayed the steamy moment in my head. He lifted me as if I were weightless as his lips felt like fire-but painless to the same extent.

Just as the fantasy finished in my head, I saw a familiar physique in front of the club. His breath was quick as his back and chest moved quickly up and down and I could see a lit cigarette between his fingers.

"Why did you run off like that?" He jumped to my voice. "Since when do you smoke?"

He handed me the container in which he removed the cigarette from and I saw how they were vapor cigarettes.

"I'm trying to quit." He said as he avoided eye contact with me.

Handing him the case back, I forced him to turn to me.

"Why did you run off after you kissed me?"

"A better question is why did I kiss you..." He said, the words cold against my heart. Had I been bad? Were my lips dry or my breath bad? All these doubts filled my head.

"I'm not sure how to take that-" As I attempted to lighten the situation, he spoke words that were like daggers to my heart.

"How could you understand? You are just a child."

For the first time, I felt a hot anger raise in my body.

"I am not a child!"

He was surprised at my reaction and smirked.

"I am not a child." I said now more calm. "I am a young woman with her own feelings. I may be new at this but I do have feelings you know..."

"I do. I'm sorry for making you think something was happening when it wasn't. I just got swept up in the moment. The dancing, the closeness...all of it."

"So you don't feel anyway for me?"

"Not romantic..." He said with a giggle-almost as if he were mocking me. "Wait, you didn't think romantic of me, did you?"

Oh no, of course not. Just wrote it in my notebook thirty seven thousand times, no big deal about that! And have just imagined my wedding dress as well as our children's names, but no. I didn't think of you romantic.

"No. Just got swept in the moment..." I said with a long face, hidden by the dark of night.

"I'll drive home." He said as he snatched the keys from my hand.