Chapter Thirty Seven- Aftermath

"You shot him!" I screamed as I froze and began trembling. "You killed him!"

"He would have died from his injuries anyway." He said, his voice now harsh toward me.

"We could have just left."

"I didn't want him coming after you. Not anymore. Is it true? Did he-"

I nodded, now exiting my state of shock. Nick pulled me from the room with the corpse and sat me in the car. As he sat in the driver's side, he remained silent before he stopped the car at the Edge of the World. He got out and slammed the car before throwing the gun in the water.

"Ahhh!" He screamed as he turned toward me.

"It's okay."

"No! It's not! Your first time should have been special. With someone who knew how to handle you and treat you. I can't take knowing he's touched you...raped you...I can't handle it."

"I'm the one who had to deal with it. I am trying not to think about it..."

"Were you going to agree to his proposition?"

"Of course not. I wanted him to trust me so I could get him in a position and hit him. But things changed."

"So you are blaming it on me?"

"No." I said now angry myself. I was too frustrated. Unable to reach him, I made my way over to the picnic table beside the tree a few yards from the car and sat with my head in my hands.

He came before me and was on his knees. Tears were pouring down his cheeks.

"I cannot stand knowing that he's touched you. That he has hurt you. I am angry at myself because I gave up when you were being hurt...I thought it was useless...I am so sorry." He began balling in my lap, trying to mask it quickly-but failing.

"Nick, you didn't know."

"I want to be the only one who touches you. The only one that gets your soft kisses and warm embraces! I want to be the only one to make you satisfied." His grip was now on my neck. He forced a harsh kiss on my lips and I pushed him away but he continued nonetheless.

"I need to know you're mine."

"I am. But We don't have to prove it that way..."

"I'm sorry, you're right...I will never leave you again. I failed you and I'm so sorry..."

"Stop saying that..." I was now stern, holding his cheeks in my hands. "You are the best thing that has ever come into my life." I reached down and kissed him sweetly, and he stood up. I wrapped my legs around him as he placed one hand beside me to hold himself up.

"You are intoxicating." He said as he smelled my neck before kissing it. "You are breathtaking." Now kissing my lips. "Desirable. Beautiful."

"Yours." I finished before initiating another kiss. Only now, this was consensual. Agreed on by us both. He ran his fingers through my hair as I ran mine down his back and eventually rested my fingers in his belt loops-pulling him into me.

"Yours." I repeated once more.