Chapter Forty Four- His Thrall and Her Weaknesses

"Rise and shine beautiful." His warm voice caressed my ears as he greeted me with a sweet kiss before I rose from bed. Ignoring my bedhead, smeared makeup, and probably bad breath, I sat before him unashamed. He waited as I got myself ready for school and watched my every move as if he were studying me.

"What?" I finally asked him before I noticed him biting his bottom lip.

"You are so beautiful..." He whispered-his voice nearly going hoarse. "Your ivory skin that I want to touch..." He began as with each sentence, he came closer. "Your vanilla....strawberry scent that intoxicates me...Then there's your eyes that look at me with such innocence and desire at the same time. Your lips...perfectly crafted for mine." He now stood directly before me.

Leaning down, he placed a sweet kiss on my lips before I realized he had no intention of pulling away. He deepened the kiss and I continued as well. Waiting as his fingers trailed through my hair and down my back until they rested on my waist, I thought of what moments would come next. I swear, I desired him so deeply in that moment. His touch, his caresses, his kisses. But I also knew that in that moment, in those moments themselves...I was not ready to be so vulnerable with him. I was not ready to open up completely and just give in.

"I have to go to school..." I said, my breath almost nonexistent as I nearly ran out the door. I felt guilty for leaving in such a way but I hoped he would understand. I swear I sat in my car for hours when it had only been a minute-if that. My fingers were trembling as I turned the key in the ignition and headed toward school.

How can I focus in class after a morning like that? I craved his kiss again, his touch, his voice...even his gaze. He was like a drug to me. I was obsessed with the next hit, but I knew I had to endure this day...to help both him and I in the long run.

"Oh good, you're here!" Lea said as she ran up to me and gave me a hug. "So Justin was with Cecelia who was involved with Tyler last summer but he liked Julie who was also liking Justin, but then he made out with Rachel in front of her at a party-"

I tuned out as she spoke to notice the memorial for the teacher that was also supposedly my father. Flowers filled outside his classroom as photographs with him and the students were hanging on the lockers. Did they know? Did they know how twisted he was? Did they know how sick and demented his mind had been?

"What's up with that?" I interrupted her story as she shot me a cruel gaze before explaining.

"I guess the guy was found in some sleazy motel with a bullet wound in him and beat up pretty bad. They are saying it was a robbery gone bad or a....an escort who took him for all he had...literally..."

"Wow..."

"Anyway so-"

She continued on as my mind reeled. The images of his dead expression lingered in my head. The sound of him laughing contradicted the sorrow I felt. But I understood how Nick felt with Bullet. The guilt you don't feel guilty for not having...I understood now.

Thank gosh! The bell for the final class! The last class in which I had to endure before I could go home to see the one I love. The entire hour went by like a live torture session. Each word like needles in my legs and each minute slower than the one before. Finally it rang and I darted out quick, having the principal give me all semester work to finish my school year. He gave me a hug before his condolences-although he had done this several times that day.

Going outside, I darted out of the school and then to my car. Driving toward the house, I noticed it must have rained since the driveway was caked in mud. To not self-concrete my tires or car in place, I parked by the barn and walked in through the kitchen. I noticed how the house was spotless. Not even a drop of water from doing dishes or a speck of dirt from coming in from outside.

As I walked up to the room, I heard the video my mother had recorded and heard scribbling on paper before I looked through the crack in the door. I watched how he analyzed the video as if it were a guide on how to make a million dollars. He rewound, skipped, and paused before I entered the room. When I became visible to him, he shut the lid tight and quick before hiding his notes in the desk drawer and locking it.

"Sketchy..." I said walking in with a laugh.

"I'm sorry I just...I don't want you to see her video again..."

"I don't mind. Did you find anything else?"

"No." He said sharply.

"What are you looking for exactly?"

I pushed until he eventually told me.

"The girl with the dark hair...." Due to his expression I knew the news he had was not good.

"You know her?"

He nodded.

"Who is she?" I asked, now with an escalating tone.

"Calm down. I can't tell you..."

"I thought we turned over a new leaf last night. Trust..."

"I just...let me find out a few more things then I'll promise I'll tell you. I promise." He said as he made his way to me and kissed me. His kisses made me forget everything-even how upset I was at him.