Chapter Twenty Six- Confessions of a Dead Woman

I watched as Nick went over to my laptop and placed the USB in the port and pressed the "play" icon.

    There she was. My mother with her wavy brown hair that always seemed to fall perfect. She was standing before the camera as if she were born to do so. I noticed how she was looking beside the shower which means she placed the camera in the mirror that she told me was sealed due to a spider infestation.

    "Whoever finds this, you are one sneaky rat. But I will be thankful that you have. Hopefully you find this before it is too late and I am in one of those dreadful black bags that will eventually end up disposed and forgotten like me." She paused for a moment before fighting back tears. "Anyway, things have gotten worse. The letters keep arriving and won't stop. Now they are threatening Savannah. My poor girl, I wish I could have given her a better role-model for a mother....and a father who is actually alive." I shot Nick a sharp look. "I hope my daughter is given a life of protection and admiration by someone who will protect her heart over their own. "

    I paused the video and looked to Nick.

    "Does that mean Peter isn't my dad?"

    He nodded. "You need to keep watching..."

    He pressed the play button and it continued. "I am sure whoever is watching this has a million questions. I have it all in another video diary. This one is altered to my specifications so you understand my story. If anything were to happen to me, I ask that this is brought to the police. It is located behind the picture frame above my bed. I am sure they will then know who had decided my life was worthless enough to end through it. If my Savannah is worried, please tell her not to-mommy is now with the angels. And tell her I have never been more proud of anyone in my entire life." Tears were now escaping her eyes and slowly sliding down her cheeks.

    "Last of all, I know my death is imminent. I know one day, and I feel it arising closer than farther. This tape I am telling you about is the key to the mystery that would be my death. Someone has been harassing me as well as my daughter. I just want to be free, to be content in this house." She paused once more, only now to focus completely on the camera with no tears. "I am no angel for I have sinned, but nor am I a devil for I have not sinned in blasphemy to the Lord Jesus Christ." The tape then ended.

    "So what does this mean? We have to find that tape!" I said-looking to him with agony and desperation in my eyes as I wiped away tears myself.

    "I tried....It's gone..."