Chapter 1 -The Couple

A couple whose hands were tied up with handcuffs came running through the streets of Mumbai at midnight. The sweat from their faces was enough to tell everyone that they were running to save their lives. The man's left hand is tied up with the woman's right hand in a handcuff.

"Let's go in the left direction." told the woman, breathing heavily.

"No, we have already gone in the left direction last time. But they caught us somehow. Now, we will go in the right direction. So that they won't catch us." said the man, wiping his sweat from his brow with his right hand.

The street light on the right side was a little dim. The couple started to run fast in the right direction. The couple just collided with a young girl whose age is just around 21.

That young girl was carrying a blue rucksack travel bag on her shoulders. She has been coming from Bangalore to Mumbai after completing her summer vacation at her uncle's house in Bangalore.

The couple was breathing heavily, looking at each other and the young girl. From their appearance, the young girl examined the couple. She understood that the couple's age must be above 40. The dresses of the couple were untidy. The face of the couple told her that they had not even slept properly. She used her phone flashlight to get a clear view of them. Now their faces were visible. The young girl's face turned into excitement after looking at the faces of the couple.

"You are looking like our daughter. Please save us! Save us!" begged the woman to the young girl.

"Don't worry! I will help you. There is a railway station nearby. It will just take 5 minutes to reach the railway station. Come on, I will show you the direction." whispered the young girl looking at the couple.

The young girl held the woman's left wrist and started to run. After meeting the young girl, the couple had a strong feeling that they would escape this time. That young girl's motive now was just to save them.

Soon they reached the railway station, and the couples tried to hide their handcuffs in front of the public. The young girl recognized their predicament and sympathized with them. She immediately took a dupatta from her rucksack travel bag and she tied the dupatta over the handcuff to hide it from others. The young girl got the train tickets for them from Mumbai to Bangalore.

Finally, they reached their compartment in the train. The couple sat inside the train compartment in their respective places. But still, their hearts were racing fast. "What if they were caught by him this time also?" was the question running through their minds.

That young girl noticed a small canteen on the platform. She went to the canteen and bought tea, a water bottle, and biscuits for the couple. She gave the things to the couple in the gaps between the windows. The couple was astonished to see a young girl helping them in this situation.

"Uncle, this train will depart from Mumbai in 10 minutes. You will reach Bangalore within the next 22 hours. My uncle is currently residing in Bangalore; he will help you. "

She took a purse from her rucksack travel bag and gave the man her uncle's visiting card. That man didn't look at the visiting card, but he was busy looking at the young girl's face.

"After you both reach Bangalore, just go to the address mentioned in the visiting card. My uncle will help you." She said, with a small grin on her face.

Again, she opened her purse and took the amount of 2000 rupees from her purse and gave it to that man. But he refused to get the money.

So that young girl held the woman's hand and placed the amount on it, then folded the woman's hands into fists and placed her hands above the woman's fist. The couple looked at each other for a moment.