Chapter 12 -Ghost

Riddhima was puzzled by Vansh's statement. Vansh turned off the light in the room while Riddhima was thinking.

"Why are you turning off the light? " asked scared Riddhima.

Vansh remained silent, he didn't answer her question. Riddhima was tensed and scared at the same time. On one side, she couldn't understand Vansh's motive. Another side, What message came from her phone? These were the question running through her mind.

Riddhima realized that she was alone with a man in this room without light. Is this safe to be with a man at this midnight? What will the society people around her think about her character? Her mind was filled with dirty thoughts.

"Boss, I know what are you trying to do. I won't let that happen," told Riddhima switching on the light and sitting on the sofa.

"Riddhima, Do you have a brain?" mocked Vansh turning off the light again.

In the dark, she couldn't see anything. She searched for her phone by patting the table nearby her but she realized the phone was with Vansh.

"Boss, Where are you?"

"I am near you. Stop talking loudly." He whispered in a cold tone placing his index finger on her lips.

She immediately took the phone from his hand and started to read the message sent by Angre. But she failed to notice Vansh staring at her beautiful face in the phone's light. Still, his finger was on her lips. He slowly removed his finger from her lips, while Riddhima was busy speculating the message on the phone.

"A5- ymnwd ujtuqj xzwwtzsiji wniiimnrf'x mtzxj bnym wnkqjx" was the message on the phone.

Riddhima pleaded with him to explain it. He refused to do it.

"A indicates Angre, and 5 indicates the replacement cipher text from plain text. Next, I can't understand anything." Told Riddhima worriedly.

"Riddhima, look at the first word, 'ymnwd'. Now split the first letter 'y' from the word and reverse it back from y till the fifth letter. Ok, now tell me in reverse from 'y' in the alphabet but remember only till five alphabets." Elaborated Vansh.

"x,w,v,u,t..."recited Riddhima but was suddenly halted by Vansh.

"So 't' was replaced by the letter 'y', isn't it correct? " queried Riddhima getting a thumbs-up signal from Vansh.

She slowly found the words in the sentence and wrote the words in her notes app on her phone. Finally, She decrypted completely. She screamed in happiness with a smile on her face.

"Thirty people surrounded Riddhima's house with rifles" she read the message happily but suddenly her entire face turned pale knowing the meaning of the message.

"What happened to you? Why are you looking sad? You had decrypted the message correctly." stated Vansh.

"Boss, Do you want me to laugh in this situation? After knowing the message, how could I be happy? Please, boss, I am requesting you to stop this mission on Kabir. Ahana is also present here today. You know that she is pregnant." requested Riddhima to Vansh.

"Riddhima, before that I need to talk with Angre. Is there a back gate in your house? Do you know the way to it? If you know the way, go outside and bring Angre through the back gate. I think he must be standing at the end of the street." Pronounced Vansh.

Riddhima followed Vansh's instruction and somehow managed to bring Angre into her room. She observed the people surrounding her house with a rifle. But something was weird in that people.

Her room was approached by Angre and Riddhima. When Angre saw Vansh's predicament, he attempted to commiserate with his bodyguard. Vansh, however, hated it when others expressed worry for him. He didn't want to demonstrate his weakness to anyone. Vansh and Angre strike up a discussion using the phone's flashlight.