Chapter 10 - Story and Surgery

Even standing in front of the room required him to stumble. Riddhima carried him inside and put him on the sofa while holding his arm. His eyes seemed to be exploding volcanoes with wrath. Riddhima trembled when she saw her boss in this state. He had a steady stream of blood coming from his right shoulder. Riddhima was unsure about how to deal with him.

"How did this happen?" asked bewildered Riddhima.

"I had an important night meeting with my clients about arms trafficking from India to the US. Kabir tried to kill me with the support of police officers," explained Vansh breathing deeply with lots of anger on his face.

"Ok. Let's go to the hospital." Hurried Riddhima by snatching her phone from the table and tried her level best to pull Vansh's left wrist.

Vansh being adamant didn't stand up from the sofa, he rejected her idea. Riddhima noticed blood was flowing uncontrollably in his arms.

"Police are supporting Kabir. If I got admitted to any hospital in Mumbai, they will find and kill me." breathed pale Vansh closing his eyes.

Riddhima patted his cheeks to bring his consciousness. Finally, he again opened his eyes. Riddhima was holding his wrist to check his pulse.

"Your pulse is getting low. We need to go to the hospital," mumbled Riddhima applying more pressure on his right shoulder to stop the blood flow from the gunshot area.

Vansh refused again by shaking his head from left to right. Riddhima couldn't speculate on his idea.

"So what should I do now? Do you have any other plan?" asked Riddhima with concern towards him.

"You are an MBBS student. Why don't you give treatment for me?" questioned Vansh breathing heavily.

"I can do first aid for you. But I can't do surgery. It is illegal and against my profession. I am in the final year of my career, I am permitted to do only surgery with my senior dean or physician." Expressed Riddhima.

His eyes closed slowly listening to her speech. Riddhima again shook his shoulder to bring back his consciousness. His eyes were blinking continuously now. Riddhima took a new towel from her bag and placed it near his wound.

"Vansh, just hold your right shoulder with a towel and press it lightly. I will be back within two minutes." Voiced Riddhima by running outside her room.

Riddhima rapped on her neighbor's door. A woman in her mid-thirties arrived and rubbed her eyes when she opened the door.

"Anjali di, where is your drunkard husband? Is he at home?" asked Riddhima.

"Yes, Riddhima. He is sleeping inside the room. Is anything important?" inquired Anjali.

"I need your help." Stated Riddhima pulling her wrist and rushing back to her room where Vansh was placed.

The sight of a guy covered in blood on the couch astounded Anjali, but Riddhima was not in a situation to explain to her. Riddhima told her to boil two bowls of water in the kitchen section of the room.

Riddhima wrapped herself in the appropriate clothing and got ready for the procedure. She was about to do surgery for the first time alone, so she made mental preparations to be calm.

Anjali carried the hot water to her after putting it in a two container. Riddhima dropped the scissors, knife, and other necessary instruments into a pot of boiling water.

She glanced at Vansh, who was breathing hard and laying on the sofa. To let some fresh air into that space, she requested Anjali to open the window. He was on the sofa when she approached him. Using the sterilized scissors, she began ripping apart his coat and shirt. He opened his eyes and saw Riddhima preparing for the procedure.