Chapter 21 - Blacksheep

Riddhima came to her room back after a hectic day. She was contemplating the quarrel between Vansh and his grandmother in front of the sweet shop. Both argued continuously as usual his grandmother easily blamed Riddhima. Vansh couldn't tolerate so he marched towards his car in anger and left the place in vexation by driving the car alone.

Riddhima decided to maintain distance from him. But suddenly she remembered the moment she had spent with him in these six months. Yes, he belongs to the mafia but he was not the person she had imagined. According to her, he was completely different. Now, she had a different perspective on him. The only thing that makes her worry about him was the way he treats his parents.

She sighed and closed her eyes to sleep on her sofa. Suddenly, she had a notification from her phone. It was from Ahana. Ahana had messaged Riddhima to call her exactly after five minutes. Riddhima was puzzled but she decided to ask about meeting Kabir's grandfather.

After five minutes, Riddhima called her. Ahana attended the phone call exactly after three rings.

"Ahana, Are you okay? Do you need any help?" Riddhima asked her with concern.

"I am fine. I was feeling low so only I got the idea of interacting with you." Ahana trembled at her words.

"Don't lie. Tell me, What is the problem? " Riddhima queried with worry about her sister.

"Today, Dad and mom came to meet me. Kabir's family members were humble toward them. Dad talked about conducting a baby shower function for me next week. But Kabir showered his anger towards dad and rejected his idea." Ahana cried longing for love from her parents.

"Have you entered your seven months?" Riddhima asked looking at the calendar.

"Yes, Riddhima. Do you have any solution to my problem? I can't talk with Kabir, he is always busy spending time with Niya." Wailed Ahana.

"My dear sister, Don't worry. We will simply conduct the baby shower in Kabir's house. I will talk with your dad and mom. I think Kabir's family members will not oppose our idea. When your sister is with you, then why do you have tears? I will always be with you." Riddhima's words gave strength to Ahana.

"Thank you. Bye." Ahana said disconnecting the call.

Ahana got hope from Riddhima's statement. Riddhima got the idea of interacting with Kabir's grandfather to know about Niya while attending her baby shower function. She drifted into sleep slowly.

Around 5 A.M., she heard someone tapping on her room door. She rubbed her eyes, she was bewildered thinking about who must be in the early morning. When she opened the door, she was stunned to see who it was. It was Mr. Firestorm standing with no emotions in front of her room. She rubbed her eyes twice and blinked looking at him. She understood how he might enter her house. She noticed his red eyes, it indicated that he hadn't slept.

"Is everything fine? Are you ok? Is there any emergency? Are you injured? Why are your eyes his crimson color?" Riddhima asked scanning his body from top to bottom.

He didn't reply but entered her room and sat on her sofa. She was puzzled, thinking about what happened to him. Complete silence for a few minutes from him. Finally, he broke the silence by turning his gaze towards Riddhima who was sleeping in the standing position.

"Riddhima, shall we go outside for a walk?" Vansh asked her clutching her elbow and pulling her outside of the room.

"I think you are not asking. You are ordering me to come with you." Riddhima uttered walking along with him to match his speed.

He didn't reply but he started to walk slowly. He was confused by the events happening in his life. He wanted to share it with someone. But something was refusing him to confess his sorrow to Riddhima.