Chapter 18 - Masquerade Party

He was staring at the lady's face after hearing the voice, he blinked his eyes to see her. Now, only he noticed her from top to bottom. Half of her face was covered with a golden mask, which sparkled her entire face. But her eyes were more sparkling than the mask she was wearing. Her lips were painted in pink color, which tempted him a lot.

The dress which she was wearing perfectly fitted her. He assumed the dress was only beautiful because she was wearing it. Still, his eyes were busy stalking her. She was stunning in the blue-colored sequin dress, he even compared her to a water god in heaven. He had inner peace after coming to know that it was Riddhima.

"Why are you wearing the dress? Where is Ragini?" Vansh insisted encircling his arms around her waist and tugging her close to him.

She gasped when his fingers touch her waist, she was completely lost in his eyes when he pulled her towards him. She didn't answer knowing about his anger issue. She realized that he was tightening the grip on her waist.

"I'll explain it to you. Trust me. Don't become upset. I arrived here with my uncle Rishab. I could see your security guards approaching. When we entered the Ragini room to give away the dress, she was missing. She left a note in her room that it was an emergency for her, so she won't attend the party. We don't know what to do. Angre and Reyansh gave this idea, they told me to act like Ragini." Riddhima explained everything in her soft voice.

Vansh's eyes traveled toward his security guards who were standing a little far away. He smirked at Angre and Reyansh. Finally, the security guards were happy that their boss understood the situation.

Riddhima was nervous after telling the truth. She didn't dare to look at him. Her face was still gazing at the floor. She again realized his arms were only tightening on her waist. She looked up at him.

"Don't look dull, Everyone is looking at us. Keep up your head high. I don't want you to look down at the floor." Vansh whispered in his dark voice.

"Sorry! I shouldn't have dressed up like Ragini." Riddhima whispered but she was cut off when Vansh placed his index finger on her lips.

"Don't speak, like that. This dress suits you. From now on, we are not going to talk about that Ragini till the party gets over. We are going to mainly focus on how to make this masquerade party a memorable one." Vansh's statement gave her astonishment, and she replied by grinning at him.

"You were searching for someone in the crowd. Shall we go and search for that person?" Riddhima pondered at Vansh.

"No need for that. I found that important person in my life. That person is standing beside me. " Vansh uttered adjusting her earrings in her ears.

Riddhima blushed when his fingers were brushing her ears. She didn't speak but was enjoying the moment with him. The party was about to begin, She noticed Kabir and Ahana walking inside the party hall. Ahana had entered her sixth month of pregnancy, and Kabir didn't even hold her hands while walking.

Riddhima didn't move from her place, after watching her sister. All she wanted to do was hug her tightly. Finally, Kabir left her alone and went towards Mahendra Pratap to interact with him.

Ahana walked towards the washroom, Riddhima thought to speak with her. But when she tried to move, She noticed Vansh's arms which encircled her waist.

She held his arms and took him in the direction of the washroom. But Ahana has already stopped walking, she was breathing heavily. She sat on the nearby chair.

Riddhima ran towards her and gave her the water bottle. Ahana got the bottle and drank it. After a minute, only she realized who it was. She assumed that some couple was only helping her. But Riddhima's hand on Ahana's shoulder made her realize that it was Riddhima.