Chapter 3

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ³⁻ "ᴴᵉˡˡᵒ ᵗᵒ ʸᵒᵘ, ᵗᵒᵒ"

We apparated to the platform. My aunt was pushing the trolley with my bags on it with one hand while I held onto her other hand.

I hated coming to public places because of the looks we got and all the things that were said about us. My father and aunt were never fazed by it but it always bothered me.

Pull yourself together, Cassie! My aunt's voice rang in my ears. Think tall, chin up and walk like you own everything and everyone around you, her voice reminded and I followed.

I ignored all the looks we were getting and tuned out the voice of murmurs and my aunt's clinking heels. I put up a neutral expression as taught and kept walking.

"Did you get everything?" my aunt asked as we reached the train. She ignored the fact that I nodded and kept going on. "Your books? Your clothes? Your wand? Your-"

She looked at the face I made and stopped talking. Tears slowly began pooling in her eyes making me throw my arms around her neck.

"Oh, my darling," she consoled as the two of us exchanged a long embrace. She slowly started stroking my hair as both of us held back our tears.

It was a matter of only a couple of months but we'd never been away that long.

We reluctantly pulled away some time later.

I turned to my father who hugged me as well. "If you've forgotten something write to me and I will have it sent right away," he said after pulling away. "Or you can ask Severus as well"

I smiled at the thought of seeing my Godfather, whom I had not met since Yule. "I will"

"And be safe!"

"I will!"

I heard the train blow a whistle and instantly got on it. I waved to my father and aunt from the door as the train began to move. After we'd left the station, I began to search for my friends.

It didn't take much time for me to find the compartment everyone was sitting in.

As soon as I opened the door, Daphne and Pansy wrapped their arms around me as tightly as humanly possible. It was so sudden; that I almost lost my balance. Thankfully I did not fall.

"Hello to you, too," I chuckled getting inside the compartment and shutting the door behind me.

"Hey Cas!" a grinning Theo welcomed me followed by a hug from Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle.

I took a seat next to Theo and Daphne. Pansy, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle had squeezed into one seat opposite us.

As we were talking, a girl came into the compartment asking for Pansy. Pansy instantly got up and left with her leaving all of us a little confused.

"Wasn't that Millicent Bulstrode?" Daphne asked.

Everyone hummed unsurely and that chapter ended there.

Soon, Crabbe and Goyle left to sit with someone else as well. And just when I was getting used to the peace and quiet, Malfoy entered the compartment with Pansy clinging to his hand.

"Malfoy," I acknowledged his presence.

"Ambers," he returned the gesture.

--

"Cassie!"

My eyes flew open in shock on hearing my name. "What?" I asked drowsily lifting my head from Daphne's shoulder.

"The trolley just came around and I wanted to check if you wanted something," Pansy answered unwrapping her sweets. "But it's gone now"

I sighed in annoyance. "I wanted some chocolate frogs"

"I knew you would," Blaise chuckled. He dug into his pockets and handed me some chocolate frogs. "Bought some for you." I smiled fondly as I took them from his hands.

"What have you got in your hand, Malfoy?" I heard Daphne ask. I turned to see all eyes on a flushed Malfoy.

"N-nothing," he answered, obviously lying. Always lie confidently. He forgot the basic rule.

This made Theo and Blaise jump onto Malfoy. Theo held Malfoy's hands while Blaise dung into his pockets. Malfoy tried his best to stop that from happening but eventually, was unsuccessful.

Blaise opened his hands to reveal a couple of chocolate frogs. Malfoy didn't eat chocolate frogs.

"Chocolate frogs? I thought you didn't like them," Pansy pointed out.

Everyone curiously waited for Malfoy's answer. "I don't," he replied. "I just bought them for Ambers but seeing as Blaise already bought her some-"

I snatched the sweets from Blaise's hand. "You can never have too many chocolate frogs, Malfoy," I smirked. "Thank you"