Chapter 14

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ¹⁴⁻ "ᵂʰᵃᵗ ᵃʳᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵗᵒ ᵈᵒ ᴹᵃˡᶠᵒʸ?"

The train ride back to Hogwarts was just everyone exchanging stories about their summer and talking about quidditch. Malfoy was going to try out for the Slytherin seeker this year.

"Oh, Cassie, how was Paris? And what did you bring me?" Daphne asked excitedly. She always loved fashion, this girl. Blaise was listening to our conversation as well.

I smiled. "It was brilliant. I have a suitcase full of the things I bought for you and Pansy. And another suitcase for my dear Blaise"

Blaise beamed brightly, looking even more radiant. His eyebrows furrowed looking around the compartment. "Where is Pansy anyway?"

Daphne and I exchanged looks and shrugged. "I dunno. I haven't heard from her all summer"

"I saw her sit with Millicent Bulstrode while coming in," Goyle answered chewing his every flavour beans.

All of us shrugged off the information and continued with our conversations.

--

As I was buttering my toast the next morning, I saw Potter and Weasley walk into the Great Hall, looking filthier than ever. "I thought they weren't coming back"

All of my friends seemed as confused as I was. We were interrupted by the mail coming in.

I got a letter from my aunt and father and some chocolates from Blaise's mum she bought from Italy. A loud shriek came from the Gryffindor table and everyone turned toward it.

Ronald Weasley.

Apparently, his mother was furious about him stealing a car. The entire Slytherin table was filled with laughter, mocking the boy. I tried controlling my laughter but wasn't very successful.

--

Professor Sprout asked who knew what a mandrake was and Granger's hand flew up. All of us rolled our eyes, right on cue.

After hearing Granger's answer, professor Sprout awarded Gryffindor with ten points.

"Ten points? For some answer, she by hearted from some textbook." Daphne rolled her eyes and I scoffed.

"Word to word too," I added. "We need to inform her that she isn't the only one who knows all this"

Longbottom fainted when professor Sprout took out the mandrake from her pot.

I let out a laugh along with my friends, except mine was out of pity for the boy.

It seemed like the professor herself did not care either.

Screams of our mandrakes filled the room when we were ordered to pull them out. I quickly did what was told and shut the plant up.

Theo was quick to follow my lead, while everyone was squirming at the sounds of the menaces.

Malfoy put his finger in the plant's mouth attempting to quiet it down, but obviously, the plant bit the fool. He instantly took his finger out and gave the plant a dangerous glare making me laugh.

"What are you going to do Malfoy? Tell your father?" I laughed looking at his look.

He naturally gave out a scoff. "I will. Just you wait"

I laughed even more. "And what are you going to tell him? That you can't handle plants?"

He gave me the same glare he was giving the plant making me throw my arms up in surrender and backed off.

--

While walking out of the Herbology classroom, Weasley bumped into Daphne and we refused to believe it was an accident.

While Blaise held Theo back and Pansy comforted Daphne and helped her pick up her things, Crabbe and Goyle held Potter back as Malfoy ridiculed the redhead.

Meanwhile, all Granger did as her friends were being insulted was cry and give 'mean' and 'threatening' looks.

Before going away, I thought I would share some knowledge with Granger.

"Don't think you're the only one who knows the answers, love." I reminded the bushy-haired girl. "You've just read about this but we've lived it. We know far more about this world than you ever will"

She gave me an unpleased look which was wiped away when I simply showed her my wand.

"Piece of advice," I whispered. "Keep your mugged-up answers to yourself. It's vital to know when and where to show off your knowledge"

Pansy walked up next to me. "Exactly," she smiled. "We can give you a demo of our knowledge of hexes if you continue to bicker about your books and the things you've read"