Chapter 41

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁴¹⁻ "ᵂᵉ ʷⁱˡˡ ʷⁱⁿ, ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳ ᵃⁿʸ ᶜⁱʳᶜᵘᵐˢᵗᵃⁿᶜᵉˢ!"

After practising for what felt like an eternity, it was finally time for me to play the game I'd been awaiting.

Slytherin versus Gryffindor.

Crabbe was alright now but he'd been put in as a substitute for me instead of vice versa. Warrington was very impressed with my performance and so the changes had been made. Crabbe had no complaints since he himself said I was a far better player than he'd ever been.

Spirits weren't as high as they used to be, all thanks to Umbridge, however, quidditch was a good distraction for everyone. Ever since an awful lot of decrees had been put up and Umbridge had taken control of almost the entire school, everyone needed a break from reality.

"This is it," Warrington announced to all of us while we waited in the locker room for the game to begin. "This is what we've been preparing for. Now, I want all of you to go out there and give me the best you've got because anything less won't do!"

He took a deep breath as he analysed all of us. "Remember, Slytherins do not lose simply because we are not capable of such pathetic things!" He raised his broom up high. "We will win, under any circumstances!"

"We will win under any circumstances!" we all repeated loudly. We then mounted our brooms and proceeded to enter the ground which was filled with loud cheers and swarms of children.

Our fathers could not attend because of the meetings they had. However, each and every mother showed up.

The quaffle was released and the game began.

Blaise dived for the quaffle while Warrington elbowed Johnson and Bell out of his way. I flew towards Goyle who was waiting in position for me.

I could see Johnson catching up to Blaise. I snatched the bludger from one of the beaters and aimed it for Johnson.

I could hear the announcer. "And- ooh, Johnson hit with a nasty bludger, courtesy of Ambers. It seems like that one hurt"

"We've seen in the past few games that the bludgers thrown by Ambers hurt worse than one can imagine. And Zabini passes to Warrington. Back to Zabini, to Warrington and he scores!"

--

We were scoring like we never had. It was one of the easiest games I'd ever played against anyone. I knew the Gryffindors were bad but this was just pathetic.

They were not playing as a team, but instead were playing their own game, female Weasley seemed to be more focused on hitting me, instead of making her team win. It really was pathetic.

Her attempts were successful most of the time, since not only did she target me, but she also made sure a bludger hit Warrington, while Goyle was busy, so I would have to intervene and it would hit me instead. It was painful, but worth it because Warrington was safe and was playing phenomenally.

What I was more interested in was why she wasn't being stopped by their captain. Especially since she wasn't even a beater!

The game had slipped the hands of the Gryffindors long back, however, they still had the chance to win, if they found the snitch.

"Warrington, my new personal favourite player, is now flying to make his seventh goal for the day. Look at him go." The announcer had a bit of a crush on Warrington, we all did.

"Oh!" he exclaimed loud enough to catch my attention. "A horrid bludger is launched towards him. Is he going to-" All logic flew out the window and I flew towards Warrington. I caught up to the bludger but not him and the next thing I knew, I was falling off my broom.