Chapter 33

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ³³⁻ "ᴵ ᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰᵗ ʸᵒᵘ'ᵈ ᵇᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᶠⁱʳˢᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ ˢⁿᵃᵍᵍᵉᵈ ᵒᶠᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᵐᵃʳᵏᵉᵗ"

Finally, the day of the first challenge dawned upon us. All of us had gathered in the seats that were in the middle so we could see what was happening but weren't too close to the action.

The first to perform the task was Cedric Diggory. I wasn't sure how he'd do. Even though he was very good at quidditch, he didn't seem like the warrior type.

Everyone was cheering for the Hufflepuff as he came out of the champions' tent. With some effort, the brunet was successful to snatch the golden egg from the dragon. The Delacour girl and Krum did very well too.

And now, the person we all were waiting for entered the arena. Unlike the rest of the selected students, Potter seemed much, much worse. He seemed to feel sick just looking at the crowd. All of us shared a laugh at the poor Gryffindor's state.

For the first five minutes, the dragon effortlessly spat fire at Potter as it tried to hit him with its tail. Everyone gasped in horror as Potter tried to dodge the dragon's efforts. Some he was successful in, while some... not so much.

The Gryffindor summoned his Firebolt and flew away. The dragon managed to free itself by breaking the shackles and flew behind Potter. The two then went off flying out of the arena.

"Seems like the date didn't go too well," Malfoy chuckled from beside me, pointing to Potter moments later. "Even a bloodthirsty dragon did not want Potter"

And just like that, Potter stole the egg and passed to the next round by chance- just as always.

--

Our head of the house had gathered all the fourth to seventh-year Slytherin for an important announcement. All the girls were made to sit on one side of the Hall and the boys were made to sit on the other.

Severus cleared his throat, looking like he wanted to be anywhere but here. "The Yule Ball," he began in his usual stern tone. "Has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its origination"

All the girls started giggling and chattering among themselves when they heard what Severus said next. "It is, unfortunately, a dance"

Severus began informing everyone about the Ball but nobody was listening. The girls were too busy deciding what to wear and whom to go with. The boys were busy being too disgusted by the mere idea of a ball.

Severus then decided to do a little demonstration of the dance we were supposed to do at the ball. And for the demonstration, he started calling out random names and paired the two students.

I was giggling at his face when Blaise was partnered up with Millicent Bulstrode. "Miss Ambers," Severus called out making me stand up straight. I gave him a pleading look to pair me with a decent partner.

He scanned the entire room. Theo had been partnered up with Daphne, Blaise with Bulstrode, Crabbe with Tracy Davies and Goyle had been partnered up with Pansy. "Mister Malfoy," Severus called out and Malfoy walked up to me.

Soon after everyone had been partnered up, the music started playing and the pairs started to dance- uncomfortably. Malfoy turned to me and offered me his hand, which I gracefully accepted.

Malfoy guided me to the floor. I put one of my hands on his shoulder and he held the other. He put his free hand on my waist making that tingle shoot up my spine. I gulped that feeling and began to sway to the rhythm of the music.