Chapter 59

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁵⁹⁻ "ᴰᵉᵃʳˡʸ ᵇᵉˡᵒᵛᵉᵈ"

After everyone left to go to the Burrow, I walked around my house aimlessly fidgeting, waiting for them to come back safe and sound.

I saw my aunt sitting alone at the huge dining table. She seemed to be engrossed in her thoughts and did not notice me taking a seat next to her.

It was when I poured myself a cup of tea that she finally realised, I had been sitting next to her. She gave me a smile which I returned.

"Getting married during this madness is just-" my aunt took a deep breath as she searched for the right word. "Unwise," she let out a nervous laugh, "is it not?" She proceeded to take a sip of her tea.

"Not if you love them enough," I smiled. "Maybe it is something we need during these trying times. Some good news. A chance to let loose"

She seemed to be having a battle against herself when she finally spoke up. "Sirius proposed," her words startled me. "Just- just some time back"

We were quiet for quite a lot of time before I spoke up. "You should do it," I said. "Destiny's given you a second chance. I don't think it will give you a third one"

"Are you sure?"

"Me?" my eyes widened. "Are you sure?"

A huge grin made its way onto my aunt's lips. "Yes"

I smiled and clapped my hands together. "Okay then. Tomorrow. I will officiate the wedding and be the witness"

This seemed to have caught my aunt off-guard. She got up from her seat and began to pace. "Tomorrow?"

I got up and took her hands in mine. "There won't be a third chance. Better now than never"

--

My aunt was getting ready while Sirius and I stood at the altar. Well, there wasn't an altar as such. The wedding was held in a black void of nothingness because we couldn't afford to be caught. We had put several charms on the "destination" and weren't going to stretch it for too long.

Black decided to end the silence that surrounded us. "I didn't think you would agree with this," he said, "I am glad nonetheless. Thank you, Cassiopeia"

"For reasons beyond my capability of understanding," I began. "She seems to love you and you make her happy. That is all I want for her"

He smiled fondly but it fell when I spoke again. "Although I have to add if you hurt her, I will rip your eyes out and shove them in parts you weren't aware you had"

"Goes without saying," he gulped nervously and I smiled at him.

"Goes without saying"

Just then, I heard my aunt. Both of us got up when we saw the bride walk toward us in the most exquisite gown I had ever seen. I always knew she was gorgeous, but she looked flawless in her wedding dress with her stunning makeup, well-styled hair, and elegant heels.

Both bride and groom couldn't stop smiling as they held each other's hands so I decided to start the ceremony.

"Dearly beloved," I began. "We are gathered here today to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony"

I stopped to take a look at both of them before saying my next words. "Since there is literally nobody else present, this ceremony can be held informally. So that is what I will be doing"

I cleared my throat. "I can't say I know much about love but I have read a bit about it. Franklin Jones said 'Love doesn't make the world go round. It is what makes the ride worthwhile.' Thought it was too beautiful to be excluded from my speech"

Both of them let out a small laugh and I resumed speaking. "I haven't known the two of you as a couple long enough to say that you are a perfect couple. I have known you long enough to say you love each other enough to fight for this relationship"

"I suppose the universe knows this too since it's given you something not everyone is fortunate enough to get. A second chance. My only hope is you two don't botch it like the last time"

Unfortunately, we didn't have time for them to say their vows so they'd written them down and were going to read them later. After exchanging the pieces of paper with their vows, they wore the rings.

"With the power vested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife," I smiled. "You may now kiss the bride"

I released confetti and flower petals from my wand when the newlyweds kissed. I clapped and was not able to hold back my tears as I hugged my aunt. Taking advantage of my vulnerability, Sirius Black engulfed me in a hug too.

We heard someone else come in and immediately took out our wands. I was confused to see the Potter boy but when Black hugged him, I realised he'd invited him.

Potter awkwardly shook hands with my aunt and made small talk with the couple. Before I had the chance to talk to him, we knew our time was up and we should leave before someone traced us.

We apparated back to the storage room Sirius and my aunt used to meet. I knew there wouldn't be many people at my mansion and if Potter tried to do something stupid, I would simply take him to the Dark Lord.

"You didn't attend the ceremony," I pointed out.

"Yeah, I- uh- I got caught up," the brunet answered. I didn't even expect he would be invited let alone have the time to show up.

I nodded in understanding. "I mean, I thought you'd already be on the run"

Potter scratched the back of his neck nervously. "I sort of am"

"And you still came?"

"Couldn't exactly miss the most important day of my father's life"

I looked at him to see him focused on Lily and Black chitchatting in the corner of the room. He didn't seem to notice what he called Sirius Black and I wasn't going to correct him.

Neither of us talked about the war or anything related to it. That evening was not about us and we knew its importance. We weren't going to sabotage it or ruin it in any way.

That evening, Harry Potter and I, CassiopeiaAmbers, were not rivals on opposite sides of a dangerous war but just two children being present for our parent figures.