Chapter 15

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ¹⁵⁻ "ᴬ ᶜᵒᵐᵖˡᵉᵗᵉ ⁿᵘᵗᵗᵉʳ, ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵒⁿᵉ"

As if Severus not being our Defence Against the Dark Arts professor wasn't bad enough, the dimwit we saw in the bookstore was our new professor.

Right from his attempt at a fancy entrance, I knew something was fishy about the man, and it wasn't just his weirdly creepy smile.

None of the boys or Pansy seemed like they were his fans either. But Daphne seemed to like the blond.

All the girls were fawning over the new professor as he introduced himself. To me, his 'introduction' seemed like brags or feeble attempts at impressing us.

Just when I couldn't cringe at his actions anymore, the 'professor' started the class by handing out a quiz. The questions in the quiz were all about him.

I rolled my eyes when I read the questions and exchanged glances with Pansy who also seemed equally disgusted.

Daphne, on the other hand, seemed to know all the answers and was happy to write them.

--

Lockhart was checking the 'quiz' and did not seem too impressed.

"Tut tut, nobody remembered my favourite colour is lilac, except for miss Greengrass." He gave Daphne a creepy smile and did something with his eyebrows.

I did not like this.

I made a gagging noise and covered my mouth with my hand, pretending to feel sick, making the Slytherin let out snickers.

I saw Granger give me a mocking look.

How dare she?

I raised my wand and she turned away.

Wasn't she supposed to be brave?

"Miss Hermione Granger knew that my secret ambition is to rid the world of evil," the dimwit continued as he stood up from his seat and walked towards Granger's seat. "And market my own range of hair-care potions"

He winked at Granger. "Good girl," he muttered making Granger blush and me want to throw up, for real this time.

Granger turned in her seat and gave a proud smirk to Daphne, who seemed furious.

He cleared his throat and began with class.

The imbecile released a cage full of Cornish pixies and ran out of the class when he could not control them.

The pixies were attacking the students.

Two were in Daphne's hair, one was biting Blaise, and quite a few were crawling on the bodies of Crabbe and Goyle.

None of them came near me or Malfoy and I saw Pansy stab one so none of them were going near her either.

I got up and raised my wand.

"Immobulus!" my voice rang through the walls of the classroom.

"I was about to do that," I heard Granger mumble, making me roll my eyes.

--

"A complete nutter, that one," Crabbe laughed. "I'm tellin' ya"

We were just walking out of the classroom after the eventful DADA class. And much to Daphne's dismay, we were discussing the git of a professor we had teaching us.

"Doesn't Dumbledore check who he's taking in as a teacher?" Pansy laughed.

Theo rolled his eyes. "As if!" he exclaimed. "He must be far too busy handing out points to his precious Potter"

As it was obvious, not all of us were over the Gryffindors unfairly winning the House Cup last year.

Daphne walked away from the group and came closer to me. "Cas," she tapped on my shoulder. "I was going to the Black Lake. Wanna come?"

"I would love to," I smiled half-heartedly. "But I have to go to the Quidditch pitch. It's Slytherin's first practice today"

Suddenly, Pansy joined the conversation. "That's right," she beamed. "It's Draco's first practice today"

Daphne nodded and walked away. Everyone nudged Theo to go follow her and comfort her. Goyle was sent too, for safety.

"You, uh, you're coming?" Malfoy whispered slowly.

"Of course," I exclaimed. "I wouldn't miss it for the world"

I could see a small smile form on Malfoy's lips. It was nice.