Chapter 24

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ²⁴⁻ "ᵂᵉˡˡ, ᵗʰᵉⁿ, ʷʰᵒ ˢʰᵒᵘˡᵈ ᴵ ᵐᵃʳʳʸ?"

Before Malfoy had the chance to rant, I began to talk about the nerve of that Pucey boy.

"Who does he think he is?" I screeched while Malfoy dragged me towards a bench to sit down. "Criticizing your form, which isn't perfect but he isn't the one who gets to judge!"

I continued to talk about him as we sat down in a remote corner of the village. There was nobody around us, not even the tiniest creature. There was nothing but complete silence around us.

I was still upset. My hands were folded in front of my chest and my eyebrows were furrowed. I could only imagine I was red as a tomato but I did not care at the moment.

I turned to Malfoy and saw a small smile playing on his lips. He was trying very hard not to laugh.

The both of us were silent for some time but then burst into laughter.

"You called him a-" Malfoy began but didn't complete because of his absolutely delightful giggle. He really was a child!

We stopped laughing sometime later, still collecting ourselves.

Suddenly, a gust of strong wind blew making a shiver run down my spine. I took a sharp breath and began to rub my palms against my arms in an attempt to keep them warm.

Just then, I felt another layer being put over my shoulders. I turned to see Malfoy neatly place his jacket over me, adjusting it several times as he did so.

I chuckled at this and he simply scoffed. "It's only so you don't catch a cold and then crib about it"

"Hot chocolate would help in avoiding a cold, too," I turned to face him. "Want to get one?"

Malfoy nodded, already getting up. "Only so you don't catch a cold"

I threw my hands up in surrender. "Yes, of course. Strictly for health purposes"

We each got a nice cup of hot chocolate and walked back to the bench we were sitting at. It was a nice place.

Peaceful. Quiet. Isolated. Beautiful.

I laughed, trying not to spit out the sip of my beverage. "She sent you an offer?"

Malfoy nodded disapprovingly making me laugh even more. "Okay, okay, who else?"

"That's it. I mean, the ones I know," he replied sipping his drink.

I took a sharp breath. "Well, um, are you accepting any of the offers?"

He let out a scoff. "Bloody hell! Not at all!" he spat in disgust. "Why, uh, why'd you ask?"

I shrugged, taking a sip out of my cup. "No reason"

"You sending me an offer, Ambers?" the blond smirked, making me gag.

"As if!" I bawled. "Besides, I don't think I'm getting married anytime soon if it's up to my father. He burned all the letters that even mentioned the word offer"

Malfoy nodded in agreement. "That's good. Don't marry any such desperate clowns"

"Well, then, who should I marry?"

"I don't think you need someone. You could learn a thing or two from Lillian. Merlin knows you are capable of great things. Marriage will slow you down"

I looked at him in surprise. The good kind. "Malfoy!" I exclaimed. "I've never heard you say such sweet things"

"Don't get used to it"

--

"How are we supposed to sleep on the floor?" Pansy cried in disgust.

Hardly any of our house elves slept on the floor so Daphne and Pansy were very disturbed by the fact we had to sleep on the floor.

Blaise dusted his sleeping bag and got comfortable in it. "Like this," he said as he demonstrated how to get into a horizontal position.

Pansy gave him a mocking smile and after much effort got in the sleeping bag as well.

I had Daphne on one of my sides and Malfoy on the other. Theo slept on the other side of Daphne and Pansy, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle slept on the other side of Malfoy- in that order.

We made sure that a known boy slept next to each of us girls in case something bad was to happen.

Nothing bad happened but Malfoy and I did have a nice conversation before going to bed. Something we never did.