Chapter 9

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁹⁻ "ᴵᵗ'ˢ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶠᵘⁿᵉʳᵃˡ"

"I cannot believe we lost!" Malfoy commented for what seemed like the hundredth time. "How could we have lost?"

"Swallowing the snitch is not conventional!" Pansy added.

All of us were walking back from the quidditch pitch. We were obviously flustered because of the loss, but what troubled the others, even more, was the fact that Potter did not make a complete fool of himself. Well, he did, but he was the reason Gryffindor won.

Our dejected faces were mistaken for weakness by Weasley. He strolled to us and started chanting Gryffindor. Not everyone joined him, considering he was messing with us.

One thing about Malfoy was, that he was never glum. He was always cross and right now, right now he was infuriated. His nemesis- his word- had just helped win the worst house- his words- in a game he devoted.

Before Malfoy hexed Weasley into oblivion and beyond and got detention or expelled, Blaise came to his rescue. "Stop celebrating as if you're the one who led the team into victory. Need I remind you that all you did was cheer hiding behind that big oaf"

Weasley's face turned as red as his hair. I wondered how often that happened because I had interacted with that menace a total of five times and at the end of the interaction, the colour of his face would always match his hair.

"Harry won. In spite of your precious Snape cursing his broom, he won"

I now came forward, ready to end Weasley then and there. How dare he not give Severus the respect he deserves. How dare he disrespect my godfather right in front of me. How dare he disrespect us. How dare he say Severus cursed Potter.

Granger quickly pulled her over-smart boyfriend out of there.

--

The Slytherin common room had dejected faces and frustration filled in it. Nobody liked to lose, especially against Gryffindor.

The Slytherin quidditch team and all of us were sitting on the couch near the fireplace.

Marcus Flint, the captain and the most frustrated person after Draco Malfoy, sat on the single chair with Graham Montague on the other chair. Montague's girlfriend sat on the hand rest of his chair.

Pansy was sitting on the floor with her back resting on the wall. Daphne and I sat on the couch and Theo and Blaise sat on the floor next to our feet. Malfoy was sitting next to me but he left to go change.

Just then, Adrian Pucey walked up to us and took a seat next to me.

"Oh, um, Malfoy's sitting there," I informed in the politest tone possible.

The boy turned around and looked at me after taking a scan of the room. "I don't see him anywhere"

I rolled my eyes. "It's your funeral," I murmured, turning back.

I saw a hand in front of me. "Adrian. Adrian Pucey"

I gave him a polite nod. "Cassiopeia Ambers," I smiled, unwilling to shake his hand.

He slowly retrieved his hand. "I know," his voice came out dejected.

"It was a good game. You'll get them next time," I tried to console everyone.

I heard Graham Montague scoff. "Yeah, maybe next time we'll take someone from the first year and have them swallow the snitch too"

"Mate, that only works if Dumbledore's your little pet," Pucey scoffed from beside me, making everyone chuckle.

Just then Malfoy returned in a fresh pair of clothes. He did not seem pleased about someone sitting in his place. He never liked it when someone sat in his usual spot and everyone knew it.

He let out a small chuckle. "I think you're somewhere you don't belong," he said tapping on Pucey's shoulder.

"I think I'm exactly where I need to be," Pucey then stretched his arm and put it around my shoulder, making everyone gasp and making me get up.

Daphne and Pansy immediately got up. "Hey, uh, Daph, don't we need to pack for Yule?" Pansy chuckled nervously.

"We do!" Daphne giggled loudly and pulled me away.