Chapter 56

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁵⁶⁻ "ᴮᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᴵ'ᵐ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵘⁿᶜˡᵉ"

A new era had arisen in this wizarding world. Every day there were news of several deaths and some kind of destruction.

Dumbledore's death had unsurprisingly weakened the light side. We did not leave a second to take advantage of this and took back what belonged to us and more.

The raided mansions were mended. The people thrown into Azkaban were set free. The meetings and gatherings were resumed without any hesitation or efforts to conceal them.

It felt good to be the ones in power again.

Although we were doing what was told with some altercations of our own, I still felt as if something was missing. As if the light side was still one step ahead or at least knew what was happening.

None of the important people, meaning the people who were close to Harry Potter, were ever found where we were assured, they would be present. I didn't want to harm any of them but it was still odd.

I would try to accompany my friends in all their missions. Or at least the ones my aunt let me go. My father seemed like a completely different person. He seemed to be distant and heartless. He never talked to me anymore or was concerned about my well-being.

Voldemort had changed everyone and I was going to get my father back. I was going to get my friends back. I was going to get myself back.

It was a random night in the Ambers Mansion. I couldn't sleep so I was going to go take a stroll in the garden.

On my way, I heard some whispering coming from one of the rooms. It was a rusty, old storage room that not even the house elves used anymore so voices coming from there was strange.

I pulled out my wand and tip-toed to the door. Thankfully, neither the door nor the flat boards creaked when I opened it and stepped inside.

There was a dim fire lit in the fireplace and I saw two shadows first and then I heard two voices. One of a man and one of a woman. I recognised one of the voices and internally hoped the other didn't belong to who I guessed it would.

I walked out of my hiding spot alerting the man I'd guessed and the woman I knew. My aunt, Lillian Ambers, and her very dear friend, Sirius Black.

The latter and I had our wands raised while my aunt was forced to be the peacekeeper.

"I knew it," I whispered, "I knew someone was leaking information to them. Can't say I expected you to be the leak"

"Cassie, you don't understand"

"Oh, Cassiopeia," the long-haired man's eyes went wide. "Lovely to finally meet you," he smiled, not lowering his wand.

I gave him a sarcastic smile. "Fabulous. Shame can't say the same about you, though"

I heard him click his tongue in amusement, the smile still plastered on his face. My aunt on the other hand was still trying to make me lower my wand because she knew, that if one of us was to use it, it would have undoubtedly been me.

"I do wish it was under different circumstances," Sirius Black continued.

I let out a chuckle and seethed through my teeth. "Have to disagree again. What better time other than right now? I can easily kill you and just as easily get away with it or even be rewarded. Seems weird to be on this side. It's usually the Gryffindors that are on this side"

"Not a fan of Gryffindor then?"

"Cassie," my aunt interrupted. "You know you can't kill him. If you do, I will be punished"