Chapter 55

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁵⁵⁻ "ᵂᵒᵘˡᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ʳᵃᵗʰᵉʳ ʰᵉʳ ᵏⁱˡˡ ᶠᵒʳ ᵐᵉ?"

All of us were at the Astronomy Tower. After we figured, the Cabinet was fixed, we told the news to our friends. All of us knew our lives were never going to be the same after this and decided we needed one night. Our last normal night.

We snuck out after everyone had gone to bed. Pansy, Daphne and Millie went to the kitchens and brought food. Blaise and Draco somehow had alcohol with them which they were happy to share.

Since we were the smartest and had nothing else to do, Theo and I were in charge of making sure we reached our destination safely. Crabbe and Goyle were upset they were awoken so were quiet.

We placed the food and drinks in the middle and sat in a circle around it so it was accessible to everyone.

Theo sat near the huge window, resting his back on the wall. Daphne sat between his legs, resting her back on Theo's chest. Pansy and Millie were in a similar position but sat near the opposite wall.

I sat opposite Theo and Daphne cross-legged, with a plateful of pumpkin pasties. I rested my head on Draco's shoulder and in return let him steal some of the pumpkin pies on my plate.

Crabbe and Goyle were tired as is and nobody dared to try and keep them awake. Blaise took the quote 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em' a little too seriously and was also on the verge of falling asleep. Goyle sat in the middle with Blaise on his right and Crabbe on his left. Each one laying on the floor.

"Are you nervous about tomorrow?" I raised my head from Draco's shoulder.

He furrowed his brows. He pulled my head towards him and placed it on his shoulder. "Don't you dare move," he threatened. "And yes, I am. But this makes it slightly better"

"I'm more afraid of what is to come," Millie spoke in a concerned tone. "I mean, how do we even know we're coming out alive"

Theo and I exchanged looks on hearing what she said. Our plan had been to have a lesser number of casualties and been getting better and foolproof as the days passed by.

It was high time anyway and so we told them everything we'd been able to decide so far.

--

The evening of the task was scary for more reasons than one. It was also the day our plan would begin.

The sky was dark and cloudy. Thunder rumbled loudly as Malfoy and I made our way to the Room of Requirement. The light chattering of students and the footsteps of them running around the hallways slowly began to grow fainter.

I could tell Malfoy was nervous. Who wouldn't be?

Both of our breaths hitched when the door of the Vanishing Cabinet opened. But we managed to gather our courage before four of the vilest creatures to walk this plane stepped out of the piece of furniture.

"Good job Draco," Bellatrix Lestrange grinned through her disgusting teeth. "You've done the easy part but if you are unsuccessful in doing the difficult part-"

"He won't," I interrupted before she made the blond more nervous than he already was. "He won't be unsuccessful," I repeated as I entangled our fingers and squeezed his cold hand.

"Does your woman always speak for you?" Fenrir Greyback laughed. At least I thought it was a laugh.

"Would you rather her kill for me?" Draco counter questioned raising an eyebrow at the foul-smelling dog.

The werewolf chuckled and stepped forward forcing us to do the same. "Boy can talk"

"I advise you don't unless you want me to pull out your infected teeth and shove them up your hairy arse," I snarled pulling out my wand making the werewolf step back. "I don't want to put my hands somewhere that disgusting but I can make an exception for you"

Before tensions rose, a loud chuckle belonging to Bellatrix Lestrange echoed through the empty room. "Enough," she announced beginning to walk towards the hallway. "The oldie might slip through our hands while you are busy killing each other"

The next few hours were a blur. I don't remember the details but I know that I had a tall blond holding my hand through all of the vents occurring.

Strangely, I didn't mind all the disasters taking place in the world around us. I knew at that moment that the person I needed most during those times would never leave me.

Severus was killing Dumbledore but my mind was wandering off and gushing about how my hands were in the hands of Draco Malfoy. It didn't matter when we were running as fast as possible because Draco Malfoy was running right beside me.

Of all the regrets I could have had, the main regret I have is not realising my feelings sooner. Maybe all those stressful days could've been better for both of us. Maybe for all of us.

We met our friends near Hagrid's hut as decided. But before we could exchange greetings, the madwoman lit the hut on fire and began jumping up and down in glee.

Pansy, Blaise and Goyle took that opportunity and disposed of the two death eaters and Fenrir Greyback.

Our goal during these missions was to kill off as many death eaters (that didn't side with us) without raising any suspicions. Being careful and remaining innocent in the eyes of the Dark Lord was essential.

We couldn't kill off Bellatrix because it may have raised questions. Initially, we didn't plan on killing Fenrir either but Pansy just couldn't help herself.

Before we apparated, I saw everyone raise their wands in respect of Dumbledore. However, I did not feel a shred of remorse. None of us did.

Albus Dumbledore, in our eyes, was not a good person and certainly not the great and honest wizard he claimed to be. He was a biased, selfish, dishonest, senile fraud who not only took advantage of children like Harry Potter who did not know any better but also denied my godfather the love he yearned for.

It may not have been a good day for us but it certainly wasn't an unhappy one.