Chapter 5

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁵⁻ "ᴰⁱᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ʲᵘˢᵗ ˢˡᵃᵖ ʰⁱˢ ᵃʳˢᵉ?"

After our Transfiguration class, we were on our way to the class I had been waiting my entire life for

After our Transfiguration class, we were on our way to the class I had been waiting my entire life for. Potions.

It was taught by my Godfather, Severus Snape and I was brilliant at Potions, thanks to him.

All of us were laughing at how Weasley and Potter were late for class and how McGonagall made fun of them for it.

"Did you see their faces? They were hilarious," Malfoy laughed for the fifth time.

I rolled my eyes at this. "Yes, we did. We were in the same class if you remember," I said facing him, making everyone laugh.

Just as we were walking, I bumped into someone, making my things fall out of my hands.

I looked up to see the same boy who had laughed and called Narcissa names before the sorting ceremony. He was currently being pushed around by Malfoy.

"Did you not see her, dimwit?" the blond questioned. He stopped me from picking up my things. "What are you looking at?" he asked the Gryffindor. "Pick up her things"

The Gryffindor boy gulped nervously and picked everything up. He then handed it to me and apologised.

"You're the boy that said those things about Narcissa and then cried when confronted about it," I pointed out. I smiled at his terrified expression. "You better watch your back love, because we're going to make your life a living hell," I whispered and walked away as if nothing happened.

I heard a slap and then a grunt but did not turn around to see what happened.

"Did you just slap his arse?" I heard Pansy chuckle.

"Yeah, he wishes," Blaise answered. "I slapped his back, like a playful pat"

Daphne laughed at this. "Playful? Yeah, right"

--

We were sitting in the classroom waiting for Severus to enter. I was sitting with Pansy on my left and Daphne on my right. Blaise, Malfoy and Theo sat on the bench right behind us and Crabbe and Goyle sat on the bench next to us.

My Godfather, being the dramatic person he was, entered the classroom by bursting in through the doors with his robes flying behind him.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class," he announced in his usual stern tone with his usual unsmiling expression.

Although, I did see it soften a bit when he saw me. And it went back to normal when I gave him a bright smile.

He stood tall at the top of the platform. "As such," he continued. "I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making," he announced clearly eyeing the Gryffindors.

"However, for those select few," he resumed, now going out of his way to show he meant Malfoy and me. "Who possesses the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses"

He continued speaking in his stern tone. "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopped to death"

He saw Potter writing something and decided to humiliate the poor boy. He asked Potter some questions, which were very basic, but not for someone who had not read books let alone someone who grew up with muggles.

I did laugh at Potter's expression when Severus was asking him the questions and when Severus progressed to talk down about his inability to answer.

It annoyed me how easy the answers to the questions were and I could not answer.

Granger, however, had her hand raised for the entirety of the class. As if we didn't know the answers. Stupid Gryffindor.

The satisfaction on Malfoy's face was priceless. He couldn't have been happier to have found someone who hates Potter as well. And when that someone was a professor, I just knew he would be ecstatic. And his expression proved me right.

After class was over, we began to proceed towards the Great Hall for mail. All of us talking about the three obnoxious Gryffindors.

"I mean, does she think she's the only one who knows the answers? That she's the only one who reads? The questions were basic. I mean, it was the first day of class for Merlin's sake!" I complained and everyone hummed in agreement.

"Such an idiot" Pansy chimed in. "Right Draco?"

Malfoy just scoffed at her question. "Not just her, but saint Potter too. Who do they think they are?"

I did not really want to be around Granger or Weasley but I had nothing against Potter.

Although, I never did understand why people worshipped him. I mean all he did was live, not something extraordinary.

And even if he did something extraordinary, he did not do it consciously or intentionally. He was just a baby!

We continued to make fun ofthe three Gryffindors as we walked around. Occasionally one of us- Malfoy-would ridicule an incoming Gryffindor as we walked to the Great Hall.