Chapter 16

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ¹⁶⁻ "ᴴᵉʸ ᶜᵃˢˢⁱᵉ, ᵃʳᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃˡʳⁱᵍʰᵗ?"

Blaise, Pansy, Crabbe and I were sitting on a bench, ready for the Slytherin team to come to the ground.

Just then we saw the Gryffindor team and the Slytherin team walk onto the pitch at the same time.

I did not wish to get involved but seeing that Granger and Weasley got up, we did too.

"You've got a new seeker?" Wood asked after reading a note, which I assumed would've been a note from Severus.

When asked who, Malfoy walked in front like his usual smug self with his stupid smug smirk.

Salazar, what I would give to wipe the smirk off his stupid face.

"Malfoy?" Potter questioned with an astounded look on his face.

"That's right," Malfoy answered.

I inwardly wished he would let it go at that but, Malfoy being Malfoy he did not.

"And that's not all that's new this year." He proceeded to show off his Nimbus 2001 to the Gryffindor team and Weasley and Granger.

"Those are Nimbus 2001," the dumb red-haired boy commented, stretching the matter even farther. "How did you get those?"

"A gift from Draco's father," Marcus Flint answered.

I wished the chapter would end right here, but Malfoy as usual did not leave any opportunity to brag and belittle Weasley.

"You see Weasley, unlike some my father can afford the best"

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in," Granger commented in an I-am-above-you tone with her nose turned up. "They got in on pure talent"

Hearing this, Pansy instantly came to Malfoy's rescue. "Oh, please," she scoffed. "Don't make me laugh"

Now, Weasley swooped in to save his girlfriend's arse and in turn, made the biggest mistake he's ever made. Insulting one of the people I love.

"Oh, shut it, Parkinson. This doesn't involve you"

That was it. Insult Malfoy- to a certain extent, of course- insult each other, jinx or hex each other, I do not care. But nobody insults someone who is close to Cassiopeia Ambers and does not face the consequences.

"What was it your girlfriend said, Weasley?" I asked as I stepped in front. "Pure talent?" I mimicked Granger's awfully painful noise she has for a voice.

I turned to face Potter whose friends were creating such a racket while he was standing in a corner, soundless. As I walked, everyone got out of the way to give me space.

"I do not see any talent in devouring the snitch. Do you, Potter?"

Now, he was insulted and I was satisfied. "I do not know how things work in the muggle world but here, that isn't how we play quidditch"

"And you," I turned to the red-haired boy. "You're not even on the team. And I don't look at filthy commoners, let alone talk to one," I said implying to Granger who seemed like she was on the verge of tears.

"Yeah, well, you aren't on the team either," she retaliated fighting back her tears but her voice breaking.

This one hurt.

I always loved quidditch and was more than good enough to get on the team. Upper-class pureblood families do not allow their girls to play sports. Especially a violent game like quidditch.

I couldn't think of a retort since I was too busy trying to resist the urge to stab Granger in the eye with my wand.

I suppose Malfoy sensed this because he instantly stepped into the feud. "No one asked your opinion, you filthy little mudblood"

I stopped listening to the conversation after that. I could only hear ringing in my ears. Everything seemed blurry but I am very sure that the argument ended with Weasley dropping to his knees vomiting slugs.

As he was about to go play, Malfoy came closer to me. "Hey Cassie, are you alright?"

I nodded as a response.

"Little blood traitor got what he deserved and he will pay. Mark my words," Malfoy continued with rage built up in his eyes.

What did he mean by that?

--

"Cassie was amazing. She put that filthy Potter and his minions in their place. You should've seen her," Malfoy informed our friends at dinner in the Great Hall.

Everyone looked at me proudly while I just focused on my food and did not engage in explanations or conversation.

Daphne and Theo were still recovering from their fight about her obsession over Lockhart and so were murmuring amongst themselves. Blaise was telling the rest of us about what a joke Divination was and all of us agreed.

After dinner, all of us left the Great Hall to go to our common room.

We were walking down the hallway with some other students when we saw a crowd gathered around a wall. We scurried towards it and saw a message written on the wall in what seemed like blood.

"The chamber of secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir beware"