Chapter 64

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁶⁴⁻ "ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖʳᵒᵖʰᵉᶜʸ"

Just as the snake was about to eat Longbottom's face off, I heard a slice and blood spurting. Above the corpse of the annoying snake stood my aunt, breathing deeply with the Gryffindor Sword in her hands.

I ran up the stairs and into her arms, making her drop the sword. Both of us were panting and laughing lightly when I heard Sirius' voice. I pulled away and saw him talking to Granger and Weasley.

"Come on," he looked up to where my aunt and I were standing. "We've got to go." He saw me looking at him and gave me a heartwarming smile. I couldn't help but return it and run down and hug him too.

"I'm glad you're safe," I said to him and blinked away my tears. With Snape, Lucius and my dad gone, he was the only father figure I had left.

"Me too, kid," he smiled. "Me too." A second later he pulled away. "I mean, I'm glad you're safe too. I'm not glad I'm safe. Not that I'm not glad I'm safe-"

My aunt shook her head. "She got it," she said as we began walking outside the castle. "Come on baby," she said to me, "Let's go find your father"

We left the castle and as we did, I worked up the courage, struggling to find the right words to tell my aunt that my father, her brother, the person we were looking for, was dead.

However, my thoughts were quickly disturbed when black smoke appeared in front of us. Out of the smoke came out the Dark Lord himself, looking more furious than ever.

This was just two minutes ago. And those two minutes were enough to change the rest of my life.

"You," he pointed at my aunt with his wand. "You have betrayed me. You are a waste of life and a shame on our community"

Suddenly, I was pulled away by Bellatrix and Sirius was pulled away by Voldemort. I thought it was the end of me and how I wished it was true. I wished I hadn't lived to see what happened next.

"AVADA KEDAVRA"

A light shot out of his wand and right into my aunt's chest. I yelled out protests and struggled to wiggle out of Bellatrix's hold as I saw the life draining out of my aunt.

This was where we began the story.

My entire life is flashing before my eyes, now that I know I am about to die. I don't mind. I am ready to welcome death. I am ready to be with my mother, my father, Severus and now, Lillian.

I shut my eyes when I feel Bellatrix's wand poke at my neck. I take a deep breath, ready to stop breathing at any moment when I feel her grip loosens.

I see Molly Weasley- of all the people- walk up to Bellatrix and choke her. I drag myself out of the curly-haired madwoman's arms and towards my aunt's lifeless body.

I hear Bellatrix get blown up by Molly Weasley and Sirius being saved by Granger but nothing was going to make me take my eyes off the woman I loved most.

Tears begin to trickle down my cheeks as I get closer to my aunt. "No," is all I have the strength to say when my hand reaches to cup her cheek. "Please open your eyes," I sniffle, my tears blurring my vision. "I- I need you"

When she doesn't open her eyes, I feel rage building up inside of me. Voldemort took everything from me and he was standing three feet away from me, chuckling at my sorrow.

"Fuck the prophecy," I mutter and raise my wand. When Voldemort sees me do that, he does the same thing. "Avada Kedavra!" we yell in unison and beams of light shoot from both of our wands.

It is obvious I will lose but I will be at peace knowing I weakened him enough for Potter to kill him and win this war.

Suddenly, another beam of light joins this duel. I turn to see Potter coming in at the right time. He begins to walk closer as I begin to get up. Once we are close enough, our beams merge into each other resulting in Voldemort's spell bouncing back.

The bald monster screams out a loud protest as he begins to disintegrate and I watch with satisfaction, knowing I have avenged my family.

I let out a sigh and fall back to the ground. However, I did not feel the hard, stone surface but instead was welcomed by a familiar pair of hands. As I rubbed the material of the expensive, dirt-covered suit, tears begin to form in my eyes when the realisation hit that Draco was now the only family I had left.

I turn around to face him and his face softens. "I know," his voice comes out soft and it blessed my ears to hear a familiar voice. A voice I'd hear again.

He wraps his hands around my waist and gently supports my head while I bury my face in his shoulder and sob. I know he wants to cry and mourn too, but I also know he wouldn't do it if he knew I wasn't alright.

To him, my well-being was more important. It wasn't that he didn't feel miserable, it was that he wouldn't show me his misery if he knew I was miserable too. He thought that he couldn't burden me with his sorrows when I had enough to deal with.

I don't love that quality about him but we have our entire lives to change this and other qualities so I don't say anything and let him comfort me.