Chapter 58

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁵⁸⁻ "ᴹᵃᵏᵉ ⁱᵗ ᵗᵉⁿ ᵃⁿᵈ ʸᵒᵘ'ᵛᵉ ᵍᵒᵗ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ ᵃ ᵈᵉᵃˡ"

"A wedding?" A confused Pansy asked flipping the dagger in her hand. "Now? Have they lost their minds?"

Not long ago we had killed Mad-Eye Moody while he and some others were transporting Potter to a safe house. I already knew the safe house was going to be the Burrow but decided to keep it to myself.

Their little stunt during transporting Potter was one of the stupidest plans I had ever seen. It was like a nightmare come true. Seeing so many Potters together. It was obvious who was who too but again, I decided to keep that to myself.

Part of me wished Ginny Weasley would have also been there. It would've been quite poetic if I shot her with the same spell Harry Potter did Draco.

After that encounter, my friends and I realised that what the light side was doing was correct and that we too, needed to be close instead of letting the war rip us apart.

I could see the change in myself and others after surrounding ourselves with our loved ones. Daphne had written to Millie and she'd happily left Hogwarts to be with Pansy. And us, too.

Millicent got up and snatched the dagger from Pansy's hands. "Is it really that bad of a thing?" she asked as she threw the dagger and it perfectly hit the target. "It gives us a chance to attack"

"It's romantic too, innit?" Daphne smiled making herself more comfortable under Theo's arm. "Not being able to wait to get married"

"Or maybe it's a setup," Draco thought out loud with furrowed brows. "They know the Ministry's fallen. They know we'll attack. What if they want us to attack thinking we will think they don't know about the attack?"

All these attacks and missions and training had made Draco incredibly paranoid. He would hardly eat or sleep, let alone let me eat or sleep peacefully.

Blaise clicked his tongue. "You're making no sense, mate," he said putting his hand on Draco's shoulder. "When was the last time you slept?" he asked making Draco walk away and his hand drop.

"I'm saying-"

"He hasn't been sleeping for more than five hours," I sighed interrupting Draco. "I try to convince him otherwise but he just won't listen"

Everyone let out a sound of disagreement and Draco gave me a betrayed look. "Tattletale," he whispered.

I furrowed my brows and gasped. "Excuse you-"

"We don't have time for this!" Theo intervened. "Right now, we need to discuss our game plan for the wedding. What do we do? Who do we dispose of? Who don't we dispose of?"

We quickly went over our plan before going to get ready for the wedding of the year.

I knocked softly on the door to my room before entering. I opened the door to see Draco standing in front of the dresser, struggling with his tie. His hands were trembling and a frustrated expression was plastered on his face.

I sighed and walked up to him. "Here, let me," I whispered taking his tie in my own hands and tying it. I took my time tying it while the blond hovered over me.

Both of us knew we could easily do it with a simple wave of our wands but we liked this method better. The proximity. The innocent but significant touches. The unspoken words.

"I wish I could come too." I looked up at him.

"No," his voice came out soft and forceful as he closed his eyes. "Don't look at me like that. You know the effect that look has on me"

I bit back my smile and stopped looking at him. I took his hand and clipped his cufflink. "Need I remind you this isn't your wedding? You are only crashing it, not attending it"

He tilted my face up and met my eyes. "Just you wait to see what I wear to our wedding," he smirked making me quirk my eyebrow. "If you don't fall in love with me all over again, I will give you five galleons"

"Make it ten and you've got yourself a deal," I smirked and thrust my hand forward. He laughed and shook it. I took that opportunity to pull him closer and kiss him.

After we pulled away, our eyes stayed shut as our foreheads touched. Our hands were still in each other's hands which we tightened our grips on.

"Please be careful," my voice quavered. I never knew when I would see him last and it never got less scary.

"I will," he answered, his grip on my hand loosening telling me it was time to go.

"Don't do anything stupid," I hugged the blond. "You have to come back to me, yeah?"

"Yes, ma'am"