Chapter 51

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁵¹⁻ "ᵂʰʸ ᵃʳᵉ ʷᵉ ʳᵉᵃˡˡʸ ʰᵉʳᵉ?"

The snow had now set it. It was a beautiful morning. The kind that makes you want to lay in bed all day watching the snow from your window with a nice cup of hot tea.

Pansy excitedly burst through my door and jumped on top of my bed. A yawning Daphne and a defeated Millie followed Pansy and shut the door behind them.

Millie tried to get Pansy off me but was unsuccessful and sat down next to me. Now, I was sitting on my bed with my sheets over me. Pansy was scattered face down over my feet. Daphne had curled up next to me in the warmth of my sheets. She'd dug her head into the nape of my neck and her hands were wrapped around my waist.

Pansy kept on suggesting all of us go to Hogsmeade to spend a girls' day out to enjoy but we just ended up staying in the same position for the entire morning.

In a way, it was a girls' day out and we did enjoy it a lot. We talked and laughed and shared some gossip. We never spent time together like this.

However, we did realise that we didn't need to go out to have a fun afternoon. Just the company of good friends was enough. It isn't the place that makes your life special, it's the people.

--

It was the night of Slughorn's Christmas party. Theo had Daphne as his date and even though both of us were invited, Blaise and I went as each other's date.

Daphne was wearing a red dress and Theo was wearing a black suit with a red tie. They were like an old married couple and I had no objections. It was sweet.

Blaise was wearing a brown suit while I wore a cream-coloured sleeveless dress.

"Miss Ambers! Mister Nott! You made it," Slughorn smiled at us, forcing us to smile back at him. "I suppose this is mister Zabini"

"Yes sir," Blaise gave Slughorn a firm handshake. "I do wish to thank you for inviting me. It is a lovely party"

Slughorn let out a laugh. Blaise knew how to flatter someone. "I don't believe I've had the pleasure of meeting this young lady," Slughorn furrowed his brows turning to Daphne.

"This is my date, Daphne Greengrass," Theo introduced.

"How very nice to meet you, Miss Greengrass!" Slughorn exclaimed. "Do enjoy the party," he said before going off to greet other guests.

Daphne and Theo walked to get some refreshments while Blaise, oh-so-politely escorted me to the corner of the room to avoid everyone.

"How's Malfoy been? He seems alright when he's with me but-"

"He seems to be faking it?" I guessed and Blaise nodded. "Yeah, you and me both. He just doesn't let me help him, no matter what I do"

Blaise let out a laugh. "Of course, he doesn't. He's Malfoy. He will eventually, though. Just wait for it"

I nodded my head in understanding and Theo and Daphne walked up to us with drinks in hand.

"Why are we really here?" Daphne raised an eyebrow seeing me and Theo on edge.

I saw Potter walking past us with Luna Lovegood. I gulped down my drink. "For him," I said and walked to Potter.

"Got a minute?" I asked and Potter seemed startled to hear my voice. His eyes widened when he saw me and nodded instantly. I dragged him where there was a slightly lesser number of people.

"First," I began. "You tell anyone about this or what happened with my aunt and Sirius Black-"

"I won't," he assured and I nodded. I then proceeded to tell him everything about Theo and my plans and he seemed to be understanding most of them. We agreed to help each other discreetly and went our merry way.

I inwardly hoped he wouldn't make me regret my decision or that I'd made the wrong one. I would soon know the answer to some of my questions from my aunt herself and I couldn't wait.