Chapter 25

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ²⁵⁻ "ᴸᵒˢᵉʳˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ'ˢ ʷʰᵒ"

Instead of Professor Lupin, my godfather entered the classroom for DADA dramatic as always. He slammed the windows shut with his wand and instructed us on which page to open in our textbooks.

Everyone including me was confused as to why all of a sudden Snape had come into class and not Lupin.

No matter how much I would love Severus as our DADA teacher, Lupin was quite good as well. And his not coming to class could only mean he was missing or fired.

When asked where Lupin was by Potter, Severus gave a very suspicious reply.

"Incapable of teaching as of this moment," I repeated in a hushed tone. "What do you think that means?" I asked Malfoy sitting next to me.

He scoffed. "Who cares? We got Snape as our Defence Against Dark Arts professor. Isn't that what you wanted?" He replied flipping the pages of his book. I nodded in response.

He was right. Why did I care? Yes, it was a bit sceptical but it didn't have anything to do with me or affected me in any way.

But that didn't stop me from wondering.

When asked a question, Granger raised her hand as usual but Severus dismissed her. The brunette continued to give her answer even though she wasn't called upon.

But I couldn't have cared less about that. My focus was on Severus' question and choice of the topic of the day.

Werewolves.

Severus seemed agitated that day since usually, he would just take out points from Gryffindor but that day, that day he insulted the Granger girl for speaking out of turn and then took out points from Gryffindor. He then punished the entire class by telling us to write an essay.

While my friends laughed at and made fun of Granger, questions kept on popping into my head even though I tried to dismiss them.

After the class was over, I was still in thought. What was happening? And why exactly did I care so much?

My friends were chatting and walking out of class as usual, while I followed close behind, not engaging in conversation.

I saw the three Gryffindors walking just a couple of steps away. They seemed to be discussing or arguing about something.

I picked my pace and walked closer to the comparatively sane person out of the three.

"Where's Professor Lupin?" I asked suddenly.

"Gah!" Potter exclaimed, caught off-guard by my sudden presence. He caught the attention of the remaining two Gryffindors with his loud screech.

I gave Potter a weird look, ignoring the glare Granger was giving me and the wide grin spread across Weasley's face.

"We, uh, we don't know," Potter answered unsurely, turning around and double-checking his answer with his two friends.

Granger crossed her hands in front of her chest. "Why do you care?" she questioned, her nose turned up.

"Just curious is all," I shrugged, not knowing the answer to the question myself. "Thanks, anyway," I gave the group a modest smile which was returned by Potter.

"Bye Ambers," Weasley called out in a mocking tone. Something told me that taunt wasn't meant for me.

"Goodbye, Weasley," I answered in an unsure tone. In return, a flustered Potter waved at me which I acknowledged with a nod.

Why do I even bother talking to those loons?

As I walked away, I felt someone throw their hands around my shoulder. I turned around to see Blaise smiling at me. I saw Malfoy following close behind, scowling at Potter and his friends.

--

The day was not good for quidditch at all. The clouds were as grey as they got and it was pouring. However, it did not stop the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff students from cheering for their house.

None of my friends had come with me to watch the match except for Malfoy who had also only come to see Potter make a fool of himself- his words not mine.

A few moments later, I saw someone in a yellow jersey go upward and someone in a red jersey follow them. I assumed it was the respective teams' seekers.

Later, the person in the red jersey was spotted falling from the sky but Dumbledore came to the boy's rescue.

Cedric Diggory caught the snitch and won the game for Hufflepuff.

Malfoy let out a scoff. "Pathetic. Who loses against Hufflepuff?" He continued to talk while I tuned him out. "Losers that's who," he laughed and that was the last thing I heard.

"We should go," I said turning away from the blond. I could make out he was following me by the splashes I heard coming from behind me.

Once inside the castle, I stopped in my tracks. Malfoy followed my actions. "I'm famished. I'm going to the kitchens and trying to find something to eat," I informed the boy.

"I've got some chocolate frogs," Malfoy suggested.

"I want food, not chocolate," I laughed and he nodded his head. "I will eat those later, though," I added making him laugh and nod again.

Once I knew he was gone, I began walking to the Hospital wing. I walked to where Potter was after I knew his friends were gone.

He seemed startled to see me at first. Startled and confused. But I could've been wrong since he seemed startled and confused by almost everything.

"Quite a fall you had there," I said taking a seat on the bed next to his. "Sorry about your broom," I added pointing to the tiny pieces of wood sitting at the edge of his bed.

He nodded but still seemed confused. "Thanks," he answered but it sounded more of a question.

We sat in silence for a couple of minutes later. And sometime later, I had enough of it.

"Well," I took a deep breath, getting up. "That was all I wanted to ask. So, I'll just, uh, I'll just get going. Bye"

"Bye," he smiled back.