one

an: this is my first story about billie because i've read all the good ones at least 50 times so i wanted to make one of my own.

i woke up to faint shuffling above and below me. i checked my phone. 7:37am. march 12th. adoption open day. i hear a quiet knock on my door. "come in". it was miss cider. she was my favourite morning staff.

she came in and handed me my clothes as she ironed them for me this morning. "good morning beautiful, how did you sleep?" there was something about her that was so sweet and innocent. "i slept like ass, i was so nervous for today i was tossing and turning all night. i managed to get a few hours though." i felt like i could be somewhat honest with her. she was kind. and i trusted her to a small extent. "at least you got a few hours. i went to the shops yesterday and bought you some lucky charms so get ready and come down sweetie."

she closed the door. and i was left alone again with my thoughts. it was good though because i hated when i had to be around people and my social battery was drained. and i'm going to need that for this long ass day. i walked over to my closet and grabbed the clothes that miss c put there. they were only basic. black ripped mom jeans with a black hoodie. i added my blohsh necklace and some chains. i put all my rings on and added some mascara and eyebrow gel. just the basics.

i can not be assed this morning. as much as i hate to admit it, i know i'm not gonna get adopted. this is my 7th time at one of these days and every single time i was left feeling disappointed. i've stopped caring now. i just get on with my day and avoid all the family's. they're normally all middle class white couples who have 1 kid and a white fluffy dog that want one more kid to make it even. SUCK MY DICK.
i walked down the stairs and played with my food. miss c just said the family's are on their way and told us all to just carry on with our days but to be on our best behaviour.

i just sat down on the couch and watched some interviews of bil. god i couldn't wait for my concert. april 9th. la. wow. i heard the door open and close. my stomach flipped. i decided to go off youtube and put my favourite show on. the office. every now and again i would giggle at the jokes being made. i was mid laughter when i felt the couch dent. i looked up from the ipad and was instantly greeted by a grass haired girl.

yes she has green hair in this okay i love the green.

"hey." i suddenly felt my whole world crumble apart. the girl who i cried over for hours was sat next to me. the girl who's music had saved me. the girl that i was watching 20 minutes prior was now sat next to me. NEXT TO ME. "hey" i tried to play it off but i watched her smirk as she looked at my neck and saw my necklace. "cool necklace." FUCK. "thanks, i found it on the floor, weird design though for real." she snorted. like fully snorted.  i made billie fucking eilish fucking pirate fucking baird fucking o'connell laugh. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON. "nah just joking love ur music billie." "aw thankyou, ur so cute! how old are you?" she kept looking at me but i just played with the rips on my jeans. "i'm 15 i turn 16 in september" "sweet, what's your name." ugh i hate my name this is so embarrassing. "my names gabriella but you can call me anything other than that." she laughed.  i made her laugh. AGAIN. "nah it's cute, but bozo has a real ring to it." we both giggled and then we just sat and watched the office which i'm glad about because i HATE small talk. it's almost worse than normal talk.

it got to about noon and she said she was going to the restroom. i directed her where to go but i couldn't be assed moving so i just sat. miss cider came over to me and was speaking to me about billie. i told her what happened and she was so happy for me. everyone here knows how much i love her. miss c then went back to the other kids who where arguing about the remote and then she just went into the kitchen to make us all lunch. when billie came back downstairs she didn't even look at me. have i done something wrong? i thought we were getting along?