twelve

i cleared my throat. "before i say anything, promise me you wont get mad." i said sternly. "i promise i wont get mad baby, now whats wrong? you're scaring me."

i looked up at her as i was playing with my rings. my eyes were bloodshot and glossy. i was trying to hold back my tears but i couldn't anymore.

"i- i cant do this shit anymore." i said now letting out small sobs. billie pulled me into a hug. "i just feel like shit all the time. i don't deserve you or any of the family. anybody would kill to have you as their mom and i'm sat here being miserable as fuck. self harming and shit. i'm so fucking sorry bil. i cant carry on like this. i'm done. completely done." i said looking straight into her eyes after delivering each word.

her eyes mirrored mine; bloodshot and glossy. "you deserve all the good things my love. you deserve to have a family that care for you. its not your fault that you're feeling this way. you are completely valid. i understand that you feel like this is the only way out. the only escape. self harming will only fix your short term problems, not your long term ones. i know none of this is going to stop you from self harming. but i just want to tell you this. i kept having this reoccurring dream. i would be sat in my bedroom struggling to write a song for the album. my heart felt like a part of it was missing. i felt empty. how i imagine you're feeling right now. but this time the dream felt different. do you wanna know what happened the next day?" i nodded. wanting to see where this was going. "i adopted the smart, talented, beautiful and kindest girl i ever knew. she filled that whole in my heart. shes funny and caring. she has the cutest lil smile. the best voice i've ever heard. and she makes me more and more proud of her each and every day." billie finished smiling.

"woah, who is this girl? she tryna fuck?" i replied. laughing at my own joke. i already felt so much better. "shut up bozo!" billie replied hugging me. "mama?" "yeah." i sighed. "thank you. thank you for having faith in me when no one else did. thank you for welcoming me into your family. thank you for being you. every time i talk to you. i automatically feel a million times better. all thanks to you. i love you. to the moon." she smiled. "well i love you. to the moon. andddd. back." we both laughed.

an: this chapter is rlly short. i cant really think of how im going to make this story interesting without ruining it even more. so anyone pleaseeeeee help meeeee